Done, but dealing with problem after problem =D

He get clutch plates on the 90 day auto ship plan! :LOL:

JUST KIDDING!

I guess some of you lighter guys can get away with using the clutch to take of after a "little shove".

That loooks great! 8)

You had a vision of what you wanted, and saw it through, well done.

How short is the chain? I thought they were plenty long enough for any fitment?

The footpeg thing. I am lightish, 160 lb. and can give a small push and release the clutch and the engine instantly starts, always has.

The chain was already cut for fitting on my previous bike, the distance is longer here and it's short by like 6 links. I plan on buying a whole new chain as this one was used for 7 months before I got the engine.

The kingsmotor clutches are plently strong, last time Im checked the pads, pretty much no wear, ill know when they do and replace quickly

904_HPIM0528_1.jpg

Joe, that bike needs a chain! If it's broke and you don't fix it, it will still be broke....you got another PM!

904_HPIM0529_1.jpg

Added a small toolbag under the gas tank.

Found a neat way to mount my killswitch. Got the red pushbutton switch from radioshack and drilled a correct size hole in a reflector mount. the picture will show.
904_HPIM0531_1.jpg

904_HPIM0530_1.jpg

I need more gadgets to fill the center of the handlebars, a speedometer will definately go there, and later, if i can afford or find it. a tach for a single cylinder engine, I heard before of someone else putting one on.

Ok, so I got enough chain to make the loop, and it's installed.

but... The studs in the bottom engine mount stripped... no bolt will screw in. Can't drive it with the engine wiggling about and can't pay for helicoils, Were going to tap it out to the next size on saturday

Ok, so it turns out only the first few threads were stripped in the stud and I got a bolt to go all the way in and the motor is fine. Took it for a test drive, started up right away, warmed it up, and rode it.

It is the smoothest ride ever!

Except for the fact that I am using a very worn chain, It's temporary until I order the new one.

So I got back in to tighten some things that got loose, and I notice the bolt for my springer forks is loose, so I try to tighten it...and it won't budge. So now my forks are wobbly, and it's very scary to ride... And I chipped off alot of black paint in my effort to tighten it.

My seat broke loose from the frame and I strapped it down tight with black duct tape.

Thanks BikeGuy Joe, for sending me the chain needed to complete the loop and start the bike for testing. A few more problems that should be fixed by this weekend before I can ride it regularly.

Electrical system will be installed AFTER I get the kinks out of everything else.

Back