don't get caught...

G

gone_fishin

using our private messaging system to be recruiting members for other sites...activity and statistics are easy for an admin to decipher. it took a while for patterns to emerge, but now things are coming into focus.

once i know for fact that you've done it, the result is a permanent ban. i don't advocate such behaviors from our members or staff, & we don't need or want anyone here who'd do that, as someone has recently learned. like i've said many times, "quality over quantity."

i don't care how important or established you think you are here...heck, i don't care if you've declared yerself a personal friend...MBc is about spirit, not money. when we changed software, some members complained about our left column sponsor links and ads...but looking at a full banner on top of every page of other places doesn't seem to be a problem for some of those very same complainers. it's amazing how fast greed will spoil a good thing. mark my words, if certain folks don't see the light soon, what you will see is a drastic change in who controls this people's movement...the consumer's in charge at MBc, but we know that's not the case with all mb-related sites.

MotoredBikes.com has been a success because we managed to centralize the movement. why a true MB-Enthusiast would want to re-fragment things after so much progress is beyond me...use some common sense, already.

anyway...if you don't like it here, be grown-up about it & just take it down the road. let everyone sink or swim on their own, and don't be stealing all our hard work for a few bucks.

well i'll tell you one thing augi, I don't even have the slightest idea of one word you just said, so i know i'm not doing anything wrong. I hope not lol.

no worry, then...certain folk know who & what i'm talking about. using our PM system to get members for other forums is underhanded...anyone caught will most definitely get the bum's rush.

anytime anyone does anything in the shadows, it's because they know what they're doing is wrong :censored:

Hey Aug, are you talking about that other site (url edited out) or is there another one?

Last edited by a moderator:
The very idea of a public forum is that it's public. Anything you take off line isn't available to the public. If another forum has some good ideas, bring it up publicly, to encourage debate. But, trying to use a site's messaging system to recruit members for any purpose is underhanded. (Plus, it's a version of SPAM.)

Even if members have checked out the other sites, they will just learn how much better it is here as long as they are allowed to stay, that is. Some of those sites have nothing but Chaos all day long. Thet interupt threads anytime they want, they go through moderators like water and there are no morals to their groups at all.
This is the place for me. As long as they'll have me.
Doc

I have NEVER recruited for this site or any other power assisted bicycling site. I have openly recruited for badcaps.net at comp hardware sites however.
I cleared all my PMs here several weeks ago and wish no one here to ever PM me again. HEY! Is there anyway that my PM-ability can be shut-down as I never wish to use it again, just to make the Admin here happy. Then he can stop worry about this one old guy. :D

My sig! I will request no PM-ing in my sig. That'll work!

EDIT: PMing can be shutdown in the options section in User CP. I did not realize it could be done. Happy days!

Last edited by a moderator:
iRide...let's talk, right here...what's up with posting the URL without any actual discussion of this very-real problem? it's a matter of perspective, but you doing that isn't in line with what i know about you personally. frankly, i'm baffled...if i've inadvertantly done something to you, please let the whole Community know why you feel it would justify an attempt to undermine what we've got going here.

lou, i know forums...the one in question isn't an expansion/furthering of the movement but an attempt to steal our momentum for it's click-value. full-banners on most every page-view & cash incentives to post. anyone doubts me, then ask Tom about whether the other one is a for-profit endeavor.

Pete, i don't know what to do...why should i even have to play defense against such lowlife behaviors?

it really is about profit over there, for it's admin, not the user...and we'll never affliate so long as it is. if they ever accumulate 1000+ members and over 40k posts, they'll know all about why we have such tough policies here.

Back