Don't know what happen, need input

CRUZR47

Local time
12:26 AM
I am running a 2 stroke they call it a pk80, it is from Amazon, my BBR from bikeberry still down as well, but today going to get one of those 'the last exhaust gasket you will have to buy' well got coming back home to put it on, I was running WOT as always, then I heard a sound like someone throwing bunch of beer cans in a fan, best way to described it, then I was pedaling for a few miles this is what I seen, any ideas as to what might have happened so I know where to start other than replacing this drive gear, don't want to replace and it happen again something had to cause it, but did purchase 2 of them from amazon 99 bucks a piece, figured it be nice to have a back up, but hate this break in phase again but any advice is much appreciated, and here is a plug shot too, rich or lean, I don't know hard to tell with chart

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 138
my best guess is that the gear was uneven with the clutch sprocket and lead to more stress on the teeth, which then lead 1 or 2 to break and the rest followed suit.

you'd want to grease the gears as it helps make them last longer, and check that the new gear will spin true and not wobbly

It looks like there wasn't any grease on the gears. Otherwise there would be some on the case walls.

It was just greased a few days ago, the underneath of clutch gear is caked up, I thought I might have over greased it, now I wiped it off when broke down and some more before pic. because there was shavings everywhere, now I was in it hard, don't have a tach but I'd say it was red lined for a couple miles, as far as grease on case walls, when I grease it I rotate to work the grease between sprockets and and clean it up due to got on clutch pads before and had to buy more pads. thanks though guys got to figure out where to order gear at they are all the same size right?

There is absolutely no wear on the big gear but the little gear got fully wrecked. I think that little gear wasn't tempered right. Wasn't there a batch sent out without proper tempering on the little gear?
No wear what so ever, and it was running great, no kind of warning at all then sounded like a bunch of beer cans thrown into a fast moving fan, after that only sounds made was me huffing and puffing pedaling, and a few bad words

Back