Don't know what happen, need input

There is a scratch kit you can buy if you feel like spending useless money to figure out if that is the failure. It has tools made of mats from of play-do to over 9000 hardness. I will bet that your big and little gear are over 20 hardness difference. Your little gear would have chipped up the big gear if the metals were of similar hardness.

I would pull gear first check out the shaft and woodruff key slot and seal before ordering part. Shaft might be bent thats another issue. Just check it out before ordering.

No wear what so ever, and it was running great, no kind of warning at all then sounded like a bunch of beer cans thrown into a fast moving fan, after that only sounds made was me huffing and puffing pedaling, and a few bad words

Dan's right, That gear wasn't tempered correctly. That's about the only thing that would cause a gear to wear that fast and that sever

Dan's right, That gear wasn't tempered correctly. That's about the only thing that would cause a gear to wear that fast and that sever
Guess I'd better order 2 of them, bought both motors same place at same time, and they may not be of the same batch, but never know

Guess I'd better order 2 of them, bought both motors same place at same time, and they may not be of the same batch, but never know
If you have a spare motor, take the gear off of the spare and use it on the one you're riding. Check it often and see if it's soft.

Back