Dont know

I have a bike the damn bevel gear won't stay on. Screw stayed in but the woodruff key must have came out again. Sometimes it spins sometimes it doesn't. It's been 100 plus for a week almost. I haven't looked more than a moment into it. I did loc tite the screw in there with what at the moment seemed like a good idea to use the red. So now I gotta get a torch and impact driver of which I have neither to remove it... I'll probably have it up and running as soon as it is in my budget.

Just put another 20+ miles on it so. Idk why its still running like a champ except when I slow down chain has stretched some lol anyways ordered a new gear puller, clutch cover and that small gear screw that holds bevel gear... Is it possible that it welded itself to pin that has notch in it for bevel gear over a course of 5k miles? Cuz it hasn't moved or looks any different.. When I noticed problem 60+ miles ago I sprayed a bunch white lightening lube in it... Around bevel gear.
Anyways parts en route... Picked up some machined screws appropriately sized maybe that'll fit. LoL
The woodruff key sometimes partially shears or gets bent and jams the gear on there, which is likely what happened. Better than it fully shearing and breaking the crank and/or gear though. I had a customers bike shear the crank key and a piece of it went between the bevel gear and crank gear chipping some teeth so needed a new key, crank gear, and clutch. Luckily the crank was still OK.

The woodruff key sometimes partially shears or gets bent and jams the gear on there, which is likely what happened. Better than it fully shearing and breaking the crank and/or gear though. I had a customers bike shear the crank key and a piece of it went between the bevel gear and crank gear chipping some teeth so needed a new key, crank gear, and clutch. Luckily the crank was still OK.
Yea put another 14 miles on it today... LoL Idk how or why but yea there is a pinging sound when I have the clutch engaged at red lights. Cruised for about 7miles full throttle... Parts haven't arrived yet and I didnt have time to see if the machined screws I got yesterday might work.
STILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE BEVEL GEAR IF POSSIBLE when gear puller arrives... If the thing will come off. If not...
Anyone know a bored out 49cc I can get.. That has a polished head and the carb/air filter a 80cc has? Just in case...? I need a below 50cc to stay legal without a DL but Idk if 49cc makes a polished head with all the perks of a 66/80cc.

I have a bike the damn bevel gear won't stay on. Screw stayed in but the woodruff key must have came out again. Sometimes it spins sometimes it doesn't. It's been 100 plus for a week almost. I haven't looked more than a moment into it. I did loc tite the screw in there with what at the moment seemed like a good idea to use the red. So now I gotta get a torch and impact driver of which I have neither to remove it... I'll probably have it up and running as soon as it is in my budget.
Hammer drill will work or a fat headed screw driver. I used a impact driver and the small bevel gear screw still came out LoL

So since I notice the busted out crank cover with a small bevel gear screw not there anymore 75+ miles ago and I dont baby the motorized bike either. LoL... It's a daily or every other day driver. And I'm about to start putting 60+ miles on it a day driving to sunrise Florida from boca Raton so I need to fix this asap.

I haven't found a polished aftermarket head for 48cc engines, most heads don't have a squish band. The Grubee GT2B head does have the SB. You can expect about 5-7 mph less with a 48cc, they need to operate at a higher rpm to produce power. A 40 tooth sprocket on a 26" rim is the highest gear I would recommend, unless you want to pedal a lot.

My cruiser with the modified 48cc and expansion chamber cruises well at 26-27, tops out at 32-33. This with a 44 tooth sprocket, I don't like to pedal and we have hills here.

Back