Don't wear baggy jeans! Chain sucked them in doing 25mph and I ate it!

Good tip on the rope. I never had my shoelace stuck in the chain ring but as the tear in my right pant cuff gets longer it keeps getting snagged more often. It's really getting dangerous because I commute 6 days a week on my bike. For some strange reason I'm getting a worn spot on my left pant leg above but not over my left knee on all of my jeans. My wife won't left me wear my new jeans when I commute anymore because she says motorbiking makes my clothes look all raggedy! She says stop being vain and tie that pant cuff up before you get yourself killed!!

LOLOL - I'm glad I'm not the only one with mystery holes in the left knee! I've got it in about 5 different pairs.

I'm serious, I think it's the exhaust pipe's heat degrading the fabric. :D

That and my right shoe is always darker than the left from exhaust.

I found a great use for the green, velcro tape my wife saves that comes on bunches of veggies from the market.

steel clips

I used to use velcro straps (I had my bike shop logo on them) but I found that they wear out and pick up stuff that I am not found of, so I switched to the aforementioned steel clips I have had them for years and they work grate no mater what I am wearing.

I have noticed that the new skinny jeans don't need clips, But I only have one pair of those.

Since I have been riding my motor bike I haven't had either chain eat my pants but I do have some old pairs that have been thoroughly trashed by my bicycles.

mike

As an old guy here I learned that pants thing back when I was 8 years old...tucked my pants inside my tube socks as the solution ... looked like a dork but didn't tear my pants and Mom didn't have to clean the grease of the pants leg...did take a header once when it got caught in the front sprocket of my new Western Auto bike...Dad didn't have the cash for a Schwinn :)

Pant Leg

This is what happened to me quite a while ago Burnt by muffler.

Attachments

• Burnt pant leg..JPG
    Burnt pant leg..JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 128
A big rubber band keeps my pant leg out of the moving parts.

Last edited:
Back