Dr. J's Bikes

79_Bicycle_Motor_Photos_2_002_1.jpg

79_Bicycle_Motor_Photos_2_003_1.jpg

79_Bicycle_Motor_Photos_2_006_1.jpg

These bike were as much fun to build as to ride! :>)

Dr. J.

really nice looking bikes, Dr. J.

i wish there was a large frame classic cruiser for me to work with, i like the look so much...

Augie TRECK has some large beach crusers with coasters that is what we got for Sutan and he is 6'4" I think we paid around 250.00 for it and it is a good sturdy bike.

Cookie

thanks, bothaya, but i really really gotta have a 21" or larger mens' frame...

my "sabrina II" is a 22" frame, and i've never had a better fit :)

Where do you get those top chain tensioners that look like roller blade wheels? or do you have to make them? i need some thing like that for the top of my chain.

The bike I think Cookie is refering to is a Trek "Classic" and they are 229.99 msrp, come in a 21"; in vivid blue, candy red, metallic bronze, and metallic black/dark silver. I just took a look at one on the floor and I'm not so sure an engine would mount in easily...maybe. The womens bike could take one though I think. This info is in regards to the '07s only.

Not that anyone needs a new bike, but just to fill in the information gaps for future reference.[/b]

Dr. J. said:
Yes you make them on a lathe or drill press using an old flat blade sharpened screwdriver to make the grove.

Maybe this will help.
http://www.motor-bicycles.com/viewtopic.php?p=1354#1354
That was my guide roller in the link Cookie referred to. After re-reading that it does sound complicated. Using a seat clamp like you did is nice and clean...easy too. :D Having that roller sure keeps the chain rolling smooth.

I like your bikes. They look comfortable and safe with plenty of brakes. :cool: I've got a drum brake setup to put on one of these days.

why would you want drum brakes they are way less efficient... (in cars at least)

Drum Brakes on a Bicycle

why would you want drum brakes they are way less efficient... (in cars at least)

Drum brakes are great! Check out an 18 wheeler and see what kid of brakes they have!

I have used a drum brakes on my bike and it stopped me better than rim brakes.

Back