Dreamer from Utah

CheazyRider

Local time
4:54 PM
Well, I did it. I bought a blue moon doggie and an 80cc kit off of ebay. Funny thing, I'm experiencing a strange mixture of excitement and apprehension as I wait for the boxes to arrive. Not sure what I've got myself into yet. But I kinda like the feeling.

I'm in my forties. Seems like there's a lot of us older guys interested in this quirky MB stuff. I tell myself that it's all about saving gas money on my daily commute, but I wonder if I'm just secretly trying to relive my carefree boyhood days riding Stingrays, ten speeds and cobbled-together paper bikes.

I still haven't been able to make heads or tails of the applicable laws here in Utah, but hey, sometimes ya just gotta go for it.

I have my wife's enthusiastic support, so it's all go from here on.

BTW, nice bunch of folks here. Looking forward to sharing the dream.

hey; welcome to the nuttiness. there are more elders than i expected. i have been tweeking bikes foreever. got my first scooter at sears w/briggs power, in el paso and rode 10mi. to grade school at age 13. moved up to cushman eagle. the cycle racing, road bikes, snow machines in ak. and now bicycles and little tiny engines. am i spinning my wheels? mitch

buncha grown men playing with bicycles, the last 2 years i swear i've aged "backwards"...are you close enough to the lake for a visit in september? mitch and i are attending "world of speed '08" to show off my 2.14 tblspn (32cc) tanaka/gebe setup, hoping to exceed 40mph...

welcome aboard :cool:

Last edited:
"buncha grown men playing with bicycles, the last 2 years i swear i've aged "backwards"...are you close enough to the lake for a visit in september? mitch and i are attending "world of speed '08" to show off my 2.14 tblspn (32cc) tanaka/gebe setup, hoping to exceed 40mph..."

Sounds like a blast! However, I live on the other(sunny)side of Utah, several hundred miles from SLC.

Thanks for the friendly welcome, guys. :D

Back