Drilling motor mount side bolts

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
11:42 PM
Plan is drilling M6 holes on the side of my motor mount for M8x 1.25. I had one break off in the threads so planning on using M8 flanged bolts.

motor mount.png

Last edited:
If ya had a Metric bolt break it was probably a 8.8 or weaker, get a stronger bolt, Metric grade 10.9

Ok found a drillbit that will work for the 5/16 drilled 4 holes out but the crap chinese tap is made wrong meaning there's no taper at all and it won't grab. Ace hardware here I come. There shouldnt be taps that were not only made wrong but hardened with burs on them the dies were even worse. The mounting plate is thicker than the gasbike mounting plate, which is a joke here's the old one. Ebay mounting plates are better than gasbike's!. I have an ebay 49cc that has a forged rod, metal cam lobe and a better mount. Who again said ebay 4 strokes are the lesser? vs a cast aluminum rod plastic cam and crap mount really can't see how a $300 bikeberry kit is better than a $170 ebay kit ok rant over.

50011 (2).jpeg
50012 (2).jpeg

Last edited:
Ok found a drillbit that will work for the 5/16 drilled 4 holes out but the crap chinese tap is made wrong meaning there's no taper at all and it won't grab. Ace hardware here I come. There shouldnt be taps that were not only made wrong but hardened with burs on them the dies were even worse. .
Do ya mind showing us a pic of this Tap ya think is crap? There are different types of Taps.
Sounds like ya got a Bottoming Tap. They hardly have a taper, Made for threading to the bottom of a blind hole
When ya need one you won't think it's crap

Back