Drive belt for ghost racer

H3Ath3n

Local time
7:49 PM
I am having trouble finding a drive belt for my ghost racer can I please get some help?

Fake news! The 4G has a freewheel transmission which means no engine braking when you let off the gas so the 7G is better/safer to ride.
That's like saying a manual transmission is safer to drive than an automatic. What you are saying makes no sense..

It's harder on the drivetrain if the engine behaves as a brake when you drop the throttle. Overall it puts more stress on the entire clutch, belts, and chains, all of it. Good riding habits make it safer, 4g transmissions just improve reliability. Not fake news especially, they are piggybacking on a known brand name, picking another number instead of 4, it's conceivable how a person could believe 7 to just simply be better than 4 just based off some weird psychology, however they never specifically said 7 was better than 4.

They did however just blatantly lie to any and all customers, potential and otherwise, that they ssold genuine grubee products, even after they had that privilege taken away. They also have a bad track record, enough so that paying by anything but PayPal tends to be risky. So it is relatively difficult to not imagine that they would sell 7g products as being superior to 4g, and that the 7g name was just another psychological step up on the competition. How necessary was it to pick a product name that closely resembled a name known already as being reliable if their product was good enough to pick a brand that actually made them more unique? Obviously when it's not good enough for that then simply mimicking a well known brand helps you create a customer base, since they already have a certain familiarity with the original.

Aka: very desperate.

I hear you. I guess I need to remember that i'm still a newbie here. It sounds like you know more than me on this topic. If you can afford disc brake setup the 4g will be the better choice.

My 7G isn't running any help appreciated/

No offense, sorry, I didn't even notice you were new, the engine brake thing applies to just about any vehicle, not just bikes. The same thing applies to standard clutch on these kits, hold in the clutch when you are comming to a stop or slowing down and want to let go of the throttle, and when you are coasting down a hill fast enough and don't want the engine to slow you down so you squeeze the clutch.

Those lightweight keys used in the motor usually have loose fits, if they get shimmied back and forth a bunch they start to deform and strip out.

Funny enough those nice old doorknobs with the little set screw in them have a similar fate, if you turn the knob both directions to open the latch they tend to get loose sooner, if you turn in one direction only (such as only turning them counter clockwise) they stay bound up and don't get loose as easily. The cheap replacement kind suffer worse from this wear, much like the cheap engines with lots and lots of clearance/tolerance between parts!

Back