Drive Chain Sprocket Won't Move?

I have run both my bikes for over 500 miles each with no problems and I don't see having any problems since the internal spring is more than enough to keep the clutch engaged.

First, get the engine turning, remove spark plug, squirt a little oil into cylinder to make rings slide easy. When in doubt, remove drive sprocket cover, and be sure chain is squarely seated on drive sprocket, if cocked to one side, chain may snag on casting, preventing wheel movement.

As to the clutch, let it out very slowly, until it breaks in, rapid release will lock rear wheel, feather clutch out while slowly pedaling

Im having same problem I had a motor bike before and never had this problem bought it half done though can't get the drive sprocket to turn Im trying to install the chain?

Try removing bevel gear [ puller comes in most kits ] This totally disconnects motor from Gear Drive If sprocket turns, problem is in motor, if sprocket doesn't turn, motor OK, problem in Clutch . Try loosening Flower Nut, remove set screw, turn nut counter clockwise to loosen grip on clutch plate. Clutch plate may be stuck to disk .

Im having same problem I had a motor bike before and never had this problem bought it half done though can't get the drive sprocket to turn Im trying to install the chain?
It could be just the ring gear bearing grease, old/dried/cooked when they painted, I don't know the cause; but it's common. It causes the clutch to appear to be engaged permanently, when in fact you can see the plate separating from the pads.

I freed mine by twisting the two in different directions. I removed the clutch plate and put a flat wrench between two of the three prongs, gripped the edges of the big cog with a rag in hand and just broke it free. Then I regreased the bearing through the grease port in the back, though I've read that it can be done through the front with spray can grease (and a flattened tube to get through the tiny tiny gap in the front).
If you have the engine assembled then you can remove the plug and turn the clutch plate by hand to wind the chain through. Once you have connected the chain and replaced the plug, sit on the bike and roll forward, this ought to unstick the bearing.
If that was the problem!
And it still needs greasing. Minimally.

this is a pre start situation, its all assembled and everything, but the drive sprocket wont move, the drive chain will not move freely, the bike cannot move forward nor backword with the drive chain assembled. ??thank you!

I have that issue right now!

it is a common problem it seems. my bike and my friends I helped with a week later had the same problem assuming you did everything correct assembling. on both of our bikes I took the flower nut off then the pressure plate then tried to roll the bike with my weight on it while at the same time hitting the shaft lightly with a hammer both bikes unseized when I did this. good luck

Back