Drive chain

yeah really! my wife swears that i'll kill myself with this thing. i just tell her not to worry cuz my life insurance is paid up! :LOL:

Heavy Chain Tools Available at Lowes'

Hi,

I was at Lowes' today to buy some replacement hardware for my soon-to-be-motored bike and was surprised to find all sorts of heavy chain supplies in their hardware section. Not sure of Lowes exists everywhere, but they are basically the same thing as Home Depot so you might try them. I picked up a heavy (motorcycle) chain breaker, four extra master links and a bunch of nuts and botls and was out the door for $35. I think the chain breaker was $20 - it's a hevay tool, not a dinky bike toy. They also sell whole chains in 10-foot lengths.

after the chain came off when you were riding and you put it back on, did the engine work ok

JIMBO , are you saying that a bicycle chain will work to drive these engines?

Fit on the sprockets? If that's the case, that could solve my clearance problem and like you said, make things a whole lot more easy. I think you can buy almost 2 chains for ten bucks at Walmart. Jimbo, let me know. Thanks, Mark M :D

JIMBO , are you saying that a bicycle chain will work to drive these engines?

Fit on the sprockets? If that's the case, that could solve my clearance problem and like you said, make things a whole lot more easy. I think you can buy almost 2 chains for ten bucks at Walmart. Jimbo, let me know. Thanks, Mark M :D

I bought a bike chain since my stock kit chain is not long enough for my set-up and the bike chain (Schwinn coaster/3spd) won't work on my sprockets, the ratio is slightly off. I have a Dax 70.

I am going to head to Lowe's to see what they have, since it was mentioned in this thread, but if anybody has a good source on a long chain (like out of a chopper kit, mine doesn't need to be that long, but I can cut it down) let me know.

Lowes didn't have the chain, or at least the staff had no idea where it would be if they did. Someday I will get this bike to work.

Back