Drive Sprocket Won't Turn: HELP!!

travboat

Local time
5:17 AM
I have a Grubee 4G T-belt drive with a 80/10T setup. The 10T is solid and the drive has the notorious one way bearing; maybe that's the problem.

I took my bike for its first ride yesterday and everything went great. I got home, let the engine cool off and made some lunch. When I went to fire it up later, I ran into a problem.

When I hit the throttle, the belt turns, but the drive sprocket just sits there and won't power the chain. Is it the one way bearing? I've searched for a whole day and haven't been able to find any clear or concise answer. If it is the one way, I'll just weld it and get a HD Wheel kit.

I have a Grubee 4G T-belt drive with a 80/10T setup. The 10T is solid and the drive has the notorious one way bearing; maybe that's the problem.

I took my bike for its first ride yesterday and everything went great. I got home, let the engine cool off and made some lunch. When I went to fire it up later, I ran into a problem.

When I hit the throttle, the belt turns, but the drive sprocket just sits there and won't power the chain. Is it the one way bearing? I've searched for a whole day and haven't been able to find any clear or concise answer. If it is the one way, I'll just weld it and get a HD Wheel kit.

scroll to THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE u will see threads (stickys) with the same question as yours. maybe one of those has your answer.

Eh... not a lot of new info in any of those threads; none of them appeared to be stickies either. maybe it randomly generates 5 similar threads that relate in one way or another to this one.

The one thing I did notice though was that perhaps the sprocket lost a key and now the shaft between the 80T pulley & the 10T sprocket is spinning so fast that the sprocket won't engage the chain.

I would still appreciate a more definitive answer if anyone out there is knowledgeable about this transmission.

Hopefully someone else will see this that is having the same problem, but I realized that the one-way bearing in the 80T pulley was installed backwards. I took it out and "pressed" it back in (didn't have a press, used a block of wood and a hammer, but in retrospect, a c-clamp would have worked better).

Thanks for the tip! I learned a lot about this junky little bearing by just taking it out. It was trashed, so my cousin said he would weld it for me on Monday. When I took the thing out, all the sprags just fell out.

I'm gonna order a HD wheel kit today so I can have a free wheel.

Back