Drive train Lubrication

gearhead437

Local time
4:26 AM
Dear Fellow Members-Don't know if this is recommended, but I apply a very small amount of Lithium grease on the teeth of the engine crank drive gear and the clutch gear. I also apply a small amount of grease to the bucking bar/ ball and the pivot area of the clutch release lever where it's shaft rotates. I realize that grease can contaminate the clutch pressure pads, but have been using the 49cc Grubbee GT-2B for about 10 years. Only problem I now have is the clutch sticking during initial use. Does the drive/clutch plate gears need any grease?I only ask as I plan on replacing the stock pads with the orange high temp pads and want to ensure that I am doing everything correctly. Thanx for any feedback:)-Gearhead

i use Lucas Red & Tacky grease on the big clutch gear and small crankshaft bevel gear and on the bucking bar and lever. also there are some loose ball bearing in between the clutch plates. you can split the plates and grease the bearings as well. ive replaced my bearings with higher quality g10 bearings. theres 50 something in there. i forget the exact number size is either 3mm or 1/8th. i forget that as well but they are readily available in either size. the grease is perfectly fine just dont get carried away putting it on and try not to get it directly on the pads or clutch plates.

Thanx again Chris-I e-mailed the Canadian supplier and they don't ship to the US, unfortunately:(-Gearhead

Thanx-I was going to order at least 15 of their hi temp clutch pads regardless and have e-mailed them this query:)-Gearhead

Back