Dropped wrist pin keeper in engine! Please help

Fletch

Local time
9:12 PM
I dropped the **** wrist pin keeper clip down into the engine and I'm freakin' out now! :eek:

I did a search and I'm surprised I didn't turn up anything because I would guess this has happened before?

I don't have one of those magnetic things to stick down there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Unless it has attached to some magnatized wouldn't turning it over and shakeing it work?

Dave,

I got it out. I panicked, but then I just rotated the engine and it came around stuck to the side of the crank cover! :cry: tears of joy

Good thing it wasn't a brand new engine with no oil in it.

all brand new engines should have a film of oil on all the parts. If a new engine doesnt have a little oil in it, then it was assembled dry, and that's a bad thing.
is this a 2 stroke or 4 stroke?

all brand new engines should have a film of oil on all the parts. If a new engine doesnt have a little oil in it, then it was assembled dry, and that's a bad thing.
is this a 2 stroke or 4 stroke?

I see...didn't think about that. It's a 2 stroke. The spookytooth directions I roughly went by on the first engine suggested to pour a small amount of oil down the cylinder, so I wasn't sure.

Glad to hear you got the little bugger out.
I know that ..OH **** FEELING!!!

I bet next time you'll get that piston to top dead center and stuff a rag or paper towels down in that crank case "abyss" first.

That will learn ya..

Best of luck ,
TIM

You can also pour a cup of fuel mix into the crankcase......slosh it around & pour it back into a bowl. Repeat until the foreign object is rinsed out of there.

been there....done that. :rolleyes:

I have found that the major purpose of these tiny parts is to expand my mechanical vocabulary. On roadside chain keeper repairs alone I have expanded it by over 37%.

Glad to hear you got the little bugger out.
I know that ..OH **** FEELING!!!

I bet next time you'll get that piston to top dead center and stuff a rag or paper towels down in that crank case "abyss" first.

That will learn ya..

Best of luck ,
TIM

Haha, yeah I actually just stuck some plastic wrap over it the second time.

I have found that the major purpose of these tiny parts is to expand my mechanical vocabulary. On roadside chain keeper repairs alone I have expanded it by over 37%.

That's funny, I was just thinking that last night. How many times I have to consult a search engine or an engine schematic to find the name of something. I feel like I'm in a class doing homework.

Just done exact same thing. Going to vac it out instead. Afterwards I thought why didn't I cover the hole where the wrist pin could of falling into? But no I took the risk and got slapped hard. Lesson learnt!

Back