drum brakes?

Drum brakes are awesome for cruiser builds and choppers S/A makes really good ones like the X FD or the XL FD up front have great stopping power (more than you need) repetitively, just be prepared for the dive if you have suspension. I use the X FD on the board track stocker build with S/A rear coaster brake and they work very well up to 50mph and back down quickly for a few years now no issues. They are little bit pricey but not compared to high end hydraulics which IMO don't really suit the retro, cruiser and old school chopper builds anyway, building up your own wheels starting with a good hub, brake, hoop and spokes can be expensive but usually it's a one time thing as they will last unless your racing then sh*t happens LOL
And this is where you shine in your element SR...For those that have the extra bucks to spend and go more expensive then what i can afford as well as others here...This is a truly great way to go if the wallet allows for it...As for me, i went the mags and disks way of doing things, but thank you for showing a really great way to go with proper "drums and wheels for the better heeled"...lol...DAMIEN

Racing into the corner and clipped the curb at about 40ish folded this nice double wall hoop with 12 gauge spokes like nothing LOL as I said sh*t happens!
Hahahahahaha...lol...i can only imagine how that could have shattered a mag wheel...lol...My riding style in my old age is much tamer than yours is now...lol...At one time, i used to race baja style with the Malcolm Smith racing teams in southern California...DAMIEN

Hahahahahaha...lol...i can only imagine how that could have shattered a mag wheel...lol...My riding style in my old age is much tamer than yours is now...lol...At one time, i used to race baja style with the Malcolm Smith racing teams in southern California...DAMIEN
LOL yeah I can only do so many wheelies and high speed passes then the corners start calling me, love the twisties and tight technical tracks.

Drum brakes are awesome for cruiser builds and choppers S/A makes really good ones like the X FD or the XL FD up front have great stopping power (more than you need) repetitively, just be prepared for the dive if you have suspension. I use the X FD on the board track stocker build with S/A rear coaster brake and they work very well up to 50mph and back down quickly for a few years now no issues. They are little bit pricey but not compared to high end hydraulics which IMO don't really suit the retro, cruiser and old school chopper builds anyway, building up your own wheels starting with a good hub, brake, hoop and spokes can be expensive but usually it's a one time thing as they will last unless your racing then sh*t happens LOLView attachment 160479
This advice was perfect, looked online and the XL FD looks like an exellent option and I’m really only going to be going around 30mph anyways as mopeds in the uk are speed restricted blah blah whatever,

Back