dual brake lever or dual brake\clutch lever

Neufcruz

Local time
6:41 PM
Any thoughts\suggestions on whether to go dual brake on the throttle side or do the dual brake\clutch thumb shifter on the left side. I saw one that had the brake lever and then the 3 speed thumb shifter was used as the clutch. Has anyone use one and what would be better on these bikes? I like the idea of having both front and rear brakes independent.

Mike

I prefer the dual brake lever and an independent clutch lever. That's only a thought. I've no real world experience with a setup like that. If I had a choice I would keep my brakes and clutch separate. I'd rather not inadvertently release my clutch in the event that I had to brake suddenly and then resume driving and having to re-engage the clutch after I brake every time would get annoying after awhile imo. I seriously doubt a brake lever will fail. In the unlikely event that one cable snaps the other is still securely held in place. Although that is a valid concern. I will have a hub and a lever brake. Completely different setup than yours.

Back