Dual brake lever

M

Member 28982

Is a dual handbrake a good idea for front and back brakes? It's bad enough the front of my handlebars is clustered, I have a 7-speed beach cruiser and I have so much going on up front with the throttle, speed shifter and back brakes on right , on the left is front brakes and clutch lever? does anybody have any dual single handlebar levers that actually work?

I have one for free up some handlebar space, but note that the leverage on the cable closest to the bars gets less travel than the other. still good braking, but the back won't get as much pull as it could. $12 it's decent

Awesome thank you so much I want to have to find one of those because I feel it would help extremely

I have one for free up some handlebar space, but note that the leverage on the cable closest to the bars gets less travel than the other. still good braking, but the back won't get as much pull as it could. $12 it's decent
The one that I linked has a pivot and pulls both cables the same amount.

first, move your front brake to the right as you won't use both throttle & brake at same time - shifter can be on that side also as you won't shift & throttle at same time

I don't like dual levers since if bike falls off kickstand and breaks the lever, you have no brakes left to get home.

I just got a wider handlebar, about the same price as the tricycle lever lol. I like my brakes independent and I disapprove of front and rear brakes on a single lever and won't even try it hahaha, but everyone has their own opinion about their own bike and that's why we all have uniquely wonderful creations between our legs. :)

2018-08-15 06.13.18.jpg

That's awesome... I put about 30 miles a day on my bike... Gonna look for that dual brake lever... Traffic is nuts and ppeople dont recognize bike laws of road with cars. I've wrecked a few times because of going to fast and could slow down LoL

That's the one from the Amazon link I posted. They also sell a locking lever set that matches.

Back