Dual brake lever

Comes down $10 and some time to figure out if you like it or not.

I didn't like the idea but wanted a cleaner look. Will never go back to individual levers on a motorized bike.

Is a dual handbrake a good idea for front and back brakes? It's bad enough the front of my handlebars is clustered, I have a 7-speed beach cruiser and I have so much going on up front with the throttle, speed shifter and back brakes on right , on the left is front brakes and clutch lever? does anybody have any dual single handlebar levers that actually work?
I was thinking of getting a dual lever but the confusion of conversion getting use to might cause a wreck.
My front breaks lock up real hard compare to the rear breaks I wonder if I would go into a somersault.

I was thinking of getting a dual lever but the confusion of conversion getting use to might cause a wreck.
My front breaks lock up real hard compare to the rear breaks I wonder if I would go into a somersault.
Simple, just adjust the cable with the front slightly looser. You may have to adjust the pad gap with the cable stop on the caliper as well.

It takes a few minutes of test braking to get them dialed in real nice to where a firm squeeze will stop with mostly the front brake without locking up either one or trying to pitch you forward, and with a single lever on the right it is harder for a new rider to try to panic brake while still giving it throttle(in motorcycle terms its called "whiskey throttle"). I had a customer that would tense up his arms when braking and kept neutral revving the engine while trying to stop (painful to watch lol), but with the single lever all I had to do was tilt it down a little more which *forced* his hand to back off the throttle some to reach the brake lever.

May not be exactly as quick braking as an experienced rider with individual brakes, but it is a great compromise for a clean install and ease of use.

I installed one. it works awesome but I might need a professional bicycle guy to adjust the brakes for me LOL unless you fine folks could direct me... the front one isnt grabbing as well as the back one

Attachments

• 15354899722151566986927527932472.jpg
    15354899722151566986927527932472.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 105
I installed one. it works awesome but I might need a professional bicycle guy to adjust the brakes for me LOL unless you fine folks could direct me... the front one isnt grabbing as well as the back one

Screw the two barrel adjusters on the brake lever in or out until its right. Im not a professional bicycle guy but ill come over and do it for you for $100 an hour plus travel expenses :)

LoL. Thanks I got it but. I have blue brake pads and orange rims. Creating kind of a dust green

Attachments

• Message_1535489749202.jpg
    Message_1535489749202.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 96
Back