Dual Carb 70cc "blue oni"

ah. sooooo youre say n that you rather zip along at TAKE OFF SPEED (which is where your torque really shines.......) versus actually attaining the " holy grail "of a respectable top speed? Besides, torque curves usually DROP OFF when your rpm increases. I'll admit.......alot of torque is fun.........BUT you can get that from a sprocket as well. And dont forget.........these engines WERE'NT designed for pedalless take offs. You 're HELPING the engine by pedaling that little bit. NO offense......but I'm NOT lazy. And I DONT eat ham sandwiches.....ITALIAN SUBS.......now thats CHOICE! Also, lots of torque works BETTER in CARS........until your tires keep breaking loose OR you wear them down after a short time. Torque is great......but HORSEPOWER is greater. IF it wasnt more useful.............folks would advertise it MORE! What do you look at first (other than price,displacement,or stroke orientation) on any potential engine you want to use????????? HORSEPOWER.HORSEPOWER.HORSEPOWER. 'Nuff said.

:cool:Sorry to disagree, Brian, but

TORQUE is king, especially when trying to push a 250-pound loaded bicycle uphill!:eek:

FWIW, if we played at or below our engine's maximum torque range rather than its maximum hp range, our engines would last MUCH longer.

Myron

5-7, Ill admit riding slower equates to lasting longer..........but these engines ARE kinda weak to begin with.........aluminum ISNT very stout ..........particularly the thin chrome lining for the cylinder.......the SOFT piston........and other pertinent nomenclature that I refuse to elaborate on at this particular time;) I'll STILL have to disagree......remember.......these engine kits ARENT designed for PEDDLE LESS takeoffs. Alot of Torque .....in this application ........loosens .........parts very easily as well. There ARE only four, 10mm nuts and bolts holding everything in place, no?:rolleyes: And ........we ARE riding on only TWO wheels with a contact patch roughly the size of a leprechaun's shillelagh.:D

Also, once (or maybe if?) I get this carb combo working.............I'm just gonna hover around 18-20 mph with this bike. Until I find Something BETTER than the "happy-time" engine. I PREFER 30-40 mph..........but NOT with this engine. I COULD try the more upscale 2-stroke oils.........but I dont like the "fickle" nature of these china-fires. Either my pocketbike/ happytime solution..........or a new frame mount, 4-stroke kit will do. G'day, mate

:cool:Brian, I believe a frame-mounted GX50 HONDA or 2.8hp TANAKA 47R w/ improved WHOPPER STOPPER kit would fit your bill.

Me? I'm stuck on my modified 47cc pocket bike engine with either STATON drive or "RODGER BOX" 7-speeds.:eek:

Myron

Thank you, myron.......I already considered the ghx50 honda .......I STILL like the thought of japanese engineering. But, the over all size is a concern. I'd put it on a beach cruiser (one of two more projects I'd like to do) where you got plenty of room to work with. The Grubee gearbox was SUPPOSED to have been redesigned .........I think. Plus, arent they centrifigal ? Give gas go of some sort? Ill have to do a site search.......but......I dont see too many folks USING this setup. Staton has some pretty amazing stuff.......but......their gear-boxs are PRICEY. Unless, you buy a cvt or torque converter..........WHICH.....requires a 20" wheel. I wanna rock a 26" wheel . Pardon my naivete, but what is a "rodger-box"? Hope its cheap and doesnt require welding.

Sorry, about getting OFF TOPIC.........but I got a vision of dual-carbs working flawlessly........and a failed engine really puts a monkey-wrench in da gears. I just want to FINISH my project. GRRR!

Back