Dual Chain gearbox

So I couldn't get enough of a bite on the bell with the strap wrench, it just kept slipping & sliding off when I would hit it with impact so I got the die grinder & went to work. Ended up going down a different destruction path instead of cutting it off I gave it a haircut.

Attachments

• 20200718_190120.jpg
    20200718_190120.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 156
Hmmm.

T8F chain and sprockets from pocket bike.

I'm guessing 14t/44t for a 3.14:1 ratio.

If you removed the circlip holding the 14t sprocket,
would the bell and its shaft pull out?

No need for disassemble anymore I was able to get everything lined up & snug fitting.It's a 41Teeth to a 6Teeth(Spline gear I believe it's called) double chain setup giving a ratio of 6.8:1 which is the biggest reason I wanted to save this box, because of the low end torque it has. I believe the circlip you're referring to is on the big gear side which on other side has the shaft that gives power to wheel but yes I believe so if clip is removed from shaft it would slide right out. I still think bolt would have to be removed to remove small gear.

Wow!

Those are awesome gears!

I've never seen a pocket bike/ATV gearbox with such low gears.
I thought the pocket bike 5:1 transmission was the lowest available.
It looks like you have an 11-tooth output shaft.
What's it chained to?

It's a 48tooth sprocket hub adapter on rear wheel. I set it up for low end gearing to climb hills & pull my bike trailer which is about 65Lbs empty but can handle load of about 300Lbs.

I'll be getting three more sprockets soon, a 56T, a 40/41T, & a 36T. Later down the line I'll invest in the 5:1 Grubee 4G T-belt Drive for a little more speed.

6.8 x (48÷11) = 29.67:1 final drive.
That's low for city, but ok for hills and offroad.
You're wise in collecting sprockets.

You might not need to change to 5-1 Grubee.

Oh the Grubee would be for long distances(10-15 miles) in combo with 36T hoping to reach speeds of around 45mph

Back