Dual exhaust for a Chinese 80cc engine?

Lolokustoms

Local time
9:32 PM
I'm pretty new to 2 stroke engines and I have just got started on my 1st project,a motorized schwinn occ stingray chopper with an 80cc engine. What I want to know is if a an exhaust that splits into two tubes and to fishtail tips would actually work. If so,would it reduce performance? I'm also trying get as much ppeer as i can out of the engine. Any help is appreciated!

I have seen a China motor with dual exhaust on a forum. I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks! I thought a dual exhaust would actually reduce the performance on the engine due to back pressure or something like that. Do you think have a dual exhaust that splits into 2 at the tip so i can have exhaust coming out of both sides of my bike would work? I'm tryin to go for a cool chopper look ;)

I don't think you will lose performance since your exhaust pipe is a long one.
I don't know where to get an exhaust "splitter". You will probably need to adapt something from a lawn mower or a plumbing fitting.
Your performance questions will be better answered in the "Wild in the Streets" subforum on this site.

Yeah i took some measurements ealier and the pipes are going to be around 45 inches long! lol..If i cant find a splitter i think I might have to buy some pipes and custom make a splitter. Thanks for the help!

Yah, you'll lose performance but that has nothing to do with looks:geek:

You can always cobble something up from copper plumbing fittings brazed together and use the silicone tubing from sick bike parts to tie things together.

True. Im more of a performance guy,but the custom dual exhaust would look real cool! I think I'm just going to use steel tubing since it's easier to weld.

I want one!

Sounds awesome let us know how it goes and maybe post some pics i have same bike with the 49cc engine and would love to do the same thing.

:52:

I don't know what research all of you have done, but before you start cutting up and trying to weld that thin pipe (I know, I've done it) have you tried something simple like the J.C. Whitney catalog? They have pipes and splitters in all sorts of shapes, sizes, and configurations in chrome and plain metal. It may be a very cheap and effortless solution...[think outside the 'bike box']. In the alternative, I'd try a local, independent garage that installs mufflers on cars, and "bends and cuts their own exhaust and tail pipes." You might get away without even getting any grease under your fingernails...<grin>

Back