DUAL EXPANSION CHAMBER

Jayraye39

Local time
3:37 PM
I'm a guy that likes to try stuff differently. Im always thinki g outside the box. I love to innovate and experiment with new ideas. So yesterday I took a junk pipe expansion chamber and was thinking about welding it on to my real expansion chamber just to be different and give the bike a beefier engine look but while I was doing this couldn't help but Wonder are there any theories on a single exhaust with dual expansion Chambers? ones in which volumes are suited size for the 50/50 exhaust outtake could it be possible to have one with a long header and one with a shorter header joined together by a Y fitting? Could it give you a longer duration Power Band or even a power band low and then one up high or maybe even not a power band at all. Either way I was going to mess around with the idea of the Dual expansion Chambers here is a mock-up picture
20221129_230256.jpg

I'm a guy that likes to try stuff differently. Im always thinki g outside the box. I love to innovate and experiment with new ideas. So yesterday I took a junk pipe expansion chamber and was thinking about welding it on to my real expansion chamber just to be different and give the bike a beefier engine look but while I was doing this couldn't help but Wonder are there any theories on a single exhaust with dual expansion Chambers? ones in which volumes are suited size for the 50/50 exhaust outtake could it be possible to have one with a long header and one with a shorter header joined together by a Y fitting? Could it give you a longer duration Power Band or even a power band low and then one up high or maybe even not a power band at all. Either way I was going to mess around with the idea of the Dual expansion Chambers here is a mock-up pictureView attachment 183643
Dont know if would gain performance or lose it, but it sure looks sick on your bike!!!

Alot of factors come into play when talking expansion chambers. They are alot more complicated than manny people expect. But seems to me if you can figure out header size, length, chamber volume angle and stinger dimensions for a single expansion chamber. Should be able to take the total exhaust volume and split it between 2 smaller chambers. Just a theory. Only tial and error will tell. Gonna mess with the idea as soon as my mz65 pipe shows up.

I'm a guy that likes to try stuff differently. Im always thinki g outside the box. I love to innovate and experiment with new ideas. So yesterday I took a junk pipe expansion chamber and was thinking about welding it on to my real expansion chamber just to be different and give the bike a beefier engine look but while I was doing this couldn't help but Wonder are there any theories on a single exhaust with dual expansion Chambers? ones in which volumes are suited size for the 50/50 exhaust outtake could it be possible to have one with a long header and one with a shorter header joined together by a Y fitting? Could it give you a longer duration Power Band or even a power band low and then one up high or maybe even not a power band at all. Either way I was going to mess around with the idea of the Dual expansion Chambers here is a mock-up pictureView attachment 183643
What do you use to power your lights? I'm doing something similar.

My front headlight was from eBay a little Chrome bullet shaped headlight however it came with only 190 lumens so I went to AutoZone and bought a roadside hazard light that's by the tire patches and stuff it cost $29 and I took it apart use the circuit board battery and led cob took them out of the roadside box and installed it in the headlight housing the battery and everything fits inside of it it charges up with USB and it has 1200 lumens brighter than hell

My front headlight was from eBay a little Chrome bullet shaped headlight however it came with only 190 lumens so I went to AutoZone and bought a roadside hazard light that's by the tire patches and stuff it cost $29 and I took it apart use the circuit board battery and led cob took them out of the roadside box and installed it in the headlight housing the battery and everything fits inside of it it charges up with USB and it has 1200 lumens brighter than hell
What do you use to power your lights? I'm doing something similar.
They are both battery powered the rear tail came with its own battery pack USB charging port I hand made the front headlight

Back