Dual-Pull Brake Lever Works Great!

I'm having a disk brake installed on the front wheel (that my friend removed with the mailbox)hopefully get it back today. I wonder how tricky it will be to get the cantilever and disk to work together.

Ebay

Thats where i got mine from ebay, very fast shipping and the quality seems to be very durable. hard metal. $11.99 and 3.01 for shipping. Most reasonable price for the fast shipment. 3 days. recommended

I got mine mounted. Adjusting it was a trick. I suspect that getting them Really even is more critical on a tadpole. When I first put it on, I had one wheel dragging, but refusing to lock. It took a while to get them so they activate smooth and even. Now I've got to get used to having just one lever. I can't just lock up the right wheel to make a 90, and can't drift corners. (I hated to give those up, but I've got to be able to put a throttle somewhere.)

I got mine set up basically from normal, the front break first and the harder i pull the back kicks in. so basically when i pull the lever all the way in they do a domino affect. it gives it a smooth and quick stop on a dime. great lever

That's why I was concerned about my aplication. My brakes are front right, and front left. Very much variation in when they actuate, and you could get some serious swerve going on (not something you want to deal with when you need to stop fast).

Did you see the double pull lever that w31johns had on his chopper? Very well done and simple enough for almost any of us to do. I am posting a pic of it because it is so cool. I hope he doesn't mind.

Attachments

• Chop004.jpg
    Chop004.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 328
I noticed that. I couldn't tell if it's something he created, or if it's store bought.

Back