Dual Pull lever

Rob_E_Rob

Local time
5:22 PM
Hey there,

I just did some searching and reading on the dual pull brake lever. I could not find any information on its FUNCTION. How do you guys like it? Does it have a lot of flex? Can you adjust the brakes proportionally (make the back brake harder than the front)
I'll take all the info you care to share!

Thanks a lot for your time!

Rob

i run a daul pull lever on two of my bikes no problem works great and yes you can adjust them front and back easy.

It seems that most people who have tried them have liked them.

I haven't gotten around to trying one yet. I just use two standard brake levers staggered, so to speak, at the right hand. It seems to work just fine.

So I'd say that either way is liable to work for you.

dual break lever

I have been using one for about 500 MI. Very happy with it. Yes they do adjust seperatly(almost). The cable slack can be taken up individually, however once you apply them the recieve somewhat equal force to to a balance type setup on the lever.
Have made many emergency type stops with no problem.
Just started another bike, and a dual pull brake lever was one of the first items I ordered.

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 274
  • bike.gif
    bike.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 296
i run a daul pull lever on two of my bikes no problem works great and yes you can adjust them front and back easy.
Same here. Any bike I build either for myself, or anyone else will have this recommendation (along with numerous others). I run a Cruiser with mountain bike brakes.

Any advantage in mounting a dual pull lever on one particular side of the handlebars? eg. left or right side / or along side a twist grip throttle?

why would you want to have clutch and brake on the same lever?

Where did you get the idea that a clutch and brake lever would be on the same lever. With dual brakes (front and rear) without the dual brake lever, you would normally have both a clutch and a brake lever on the left side and a throttle and brake lever on the right side. With the dual lever (which operates both set of brakes at the same time), you would normally have just the clutch on the left side and both the throttle and "DUAL" brake lever on the right side. It is very awkward to have both a clutch and a brake lever on the left.

Back