Duck, Duck, Mongoose.

I have finally settled on my next bike. It's a steel frame Mongoose Creekside. This bikes sole purpose will be speed and R&D. I've had this bike for some time and have already replaced all the bearings with sealed cartridges in the headset and bottom bracket. It had brand new everything as I had just rebuilt the bike before I stumbled upon this motorized bicycle craze.
This bike is going to be the recipient of the Dio Reed Sleeved Stroker Engine I'm building. The Jack shaft kit has been ordered along with another Oko carb. The rear rack is going and the seat is getting lowered and pulled back.
Going get rid of the suspension forks and go with a set of 30" triple trees forks with clip on bars. I'm still undecided about the gas tank but I'm sure I'll think of something and change my mind 10 times long before then. This build isnt in a rush to finish as I still have really never finished the Rambler yet and need to finish up the lighting system I have for it. And im also getting married for the first time in October and I have lots to do before the wedding. I will however keep the build updated as it progresses.
20190731_215831.jpg
20190731_215939.jpg
20190627_195056.jpg
20190731_220138.jpg
20190731_220226.jpg

20190731_220158.jpg
20190731_220215.jpg
20190731_220226.jpg

Attachments

• 20190731_220143.jpg
    20190731_220143.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 405
I wanna see how the n360 holds up. Been wanting one but heard that the traction fluid can melt out under motor power easily, and it's very expensive fluid to replace. Keep us up to date.

I wanna see how the n360 holds up. Been wanting one but heard that the traction fluid can melt out under motor power easily, and it's very expensive fluid to replace. Keep us up to date.
@gary55 reccomended it, he has been using one for a few years now and loves it. they are not a cheap hub thats for sure and i probably wouldnt have got it but i was in the right place at the right time and got it and the front hub for $100.00 canadian. i will definately keep you up to date on how it works.

When did you start, July?! That makes us both government workers. lol. Just kidding, good work, looks really cool. I usually do ghetto work and dont care about ashetics too much. the Stickers are cool, i just cut out part of a mta card and printed a little thing and taped it on, but that looks fancy.....
Whats the speed?! 30mph?! 40?.. I wanna see a video of that on the expressway or on rail tracks. In india ppl make their own r/r cars out of lumber and an lil 4 stroke and run them on abandoned lines to get around town. Looks nice, but you should save some room next time in the lunchbox for your lunch though....

Whats the speed?! 30mph?! 40?..
Greasy went through that engine with a dremel, I'm sure of it. I see that cnc aftermarket clutch plate in there, and he has an mz65 pipe with what looks like a mikuni carb. I would be disappointed if this thing didn't do 50 mph. I bet he pops wheelies in *1st* (highest reduction) on accident.

Back