Dui, And Evading On My Motor Assisted Bicycle

H

hot70cc

yep it happened here in PA, I was going around the block with my motor assisted bicycle, I had a couple mixed drinks while making supper on the grill for the family, and prolly 2 hours later after drinking, i decided to take a quick ride around the block. Well what do you know flashing lights. I panicked and kept going around the block evading(stupid choice). I wasn't really concerned about the drinking because i thought i was fine and good enouph to be riding. all i was thinking about at the time was the fines for , maybe riding an unregistered, unlicenced vehicle, Not being sure of the laws with theses thing i just panicked. Well i got home ran in the house and they knocked on the door a identified that it was me. So went to the police station and was questioned and 1 hour later they asked me if i was drinking and i was honest and said yes prolly 3 hours ago. they gave me the breathalizer and blew a .11 .08 in PA is intoxicated. So they got Me for that as well. So here i am awaiting for the papers in the Mail for the charges and court date. Just to let you all aware that don't make the stupid choices that i had made. Alot is going thru my mind and looking for something good out of all this, but i know I'm looking at atleast with all the fines $3,000 or more. So i'm feeling really stupid and feel like i let my family down. Wish i could go back and change it but all is to late. Like i said don't make the mistake if you are unsure of your laws and, definatly don't have a few drinks before hand. God Bless all. I'll keep you all posted to the outcome when all is finished.

Dude. You should have stopped. All kidding aside,and with all due respect,I bet to the cop that must have been pretty hilarious!

But seriously,my prayers are with you.

Maybe the judge will go easy on you.

The funny thing is , I got away from him, it was the neighbors that ratted me out. If it wouldn't have been for the neighbors i would be ok. BUT OWELL i will suffer the conc. for my stupidity.

I didn't think a lot of things would happen to me in my life but they did,& since i've given up drinking i've never had a problem.
Not very neighbourly of your neighbours though. :sick:

Seriously, I totally would have just gone over and heckled you for awhile if I were the neighbors :)

You still would have had to put the bike away for good though.

You mentioned that you feel like you let your family down. I don't suppose it's really that bad, but I guess you didn't make yourself look very bright to them. That's probably the part of your story that brings a tear to my eye more than the rest. But time will be your ally. There'll come a day (maybe not so far away) when remembering this will make you shudder a bit, but nothing worse than that.

So good luck. You'll have to walk the straight and narrow for awhile, of course. But once you've gone through that, then you'll be able to have a (only slightly painful) laugh about it.

Beware the cottage industry of "councilors" and "educators" you'll probably wind up spending time with.

If your first offense, you might get steered their way via plea bargain or adjudicated judgement.

But you'll still pay $$$ and have to bum rides to stupid classes that are usually all weekend long, and friday night too.

Then your car insurance is going to be insane for a while.

OTOH the "jail" isn't as bad as you think, I know people who have gone several weekends in a row. It's a halfway house style thing where you get to wear street clothes/pajamas, go to bed early, and stay freakin sober.

My take on the "system" is it's run by teetotallers, who love to find an excuse to get someone on the wagon, puppettering moronic politicians who want to look "tough" on something everyone can agree on.

Might be worth pleading for leniency, as your lightweight bike would have been unlikely to injure another worse than it injured you. The "leniency" would probably be a lame plea deal I described above.

Back