Dui, And Evading On My Motor Assisted Bicycle

DUI is wrong and it is illegal, if you get caught you will pay a high price I know thats why Im here. I have a kawi 650 but cant drive it so f++kem Im gonna have a motor assisted bicycle!

That was quite a sad read there, Dax.

I enjoy a nice beer or two, but it's true that most people don't know when to call it quits. For some reason, the truth has been scaring me quite a bit lately.

Back when I was 15 I went to a party and got all drunk. I rode my bicycle home and crawled in my basement window where my bed was but as I fell there was no bed and I CRASHED on to the floor. The lights went on and there was my dad. He had moved my bed.
The next morning,he had found some stash in my room some hard liquor bottles. He bought me out in back and threw them against the concrete wall one at a time. I have never seen such intensity in my dad. He was visibly upset. Funny thing was that he didn't say a word to me about it then and never a word about it afterwards.
I never drank after that. Maybe one beer or one mixed drink on a rare occasion among friends. But that's it.
My dad rules.

Great story Filipino. Fortunately my parents never had to resort to such tactics with me. Not that I didn't give them reason to, but when caught at something, I learned early on that owning up to it and towing the line immediately, produced the best results.

I've never been one to drink and drive. Once in high school I was at a party when the cops came to break it up. They said that anybody who didn't leave would be cited for disturbing the peace and checked for alcohol. Forced to make a choice between getting busted on two counts or possibly not getting busted at all, I chose to drive. Fortunately nothing came of that, but from that point on I have never allowed myself to be put in a position like that ever again.

I very rarely get drunk (it hurts too much later), but when I do, it's either at home or somebody else's house where I know I can sleep it off. And if I can't remember EXACTLY how many drinks I've had and match the number of hours to it, I'm not going anywhere until the next day.

That said, I think the charge of DUI on a bicycle is a ridiculous one. Certainly it should not be a light citation, but IMO it is not on par with the criminal behavior of driving a car.

That said, I think the charge of DUI on a bicycle is a ridiculous one. Certainly it should not be a light citation, but IMO it is not on par with the criminal behavior of driving a car.

Agreed... seems like a parent getting all annoyed at a kid for doing something similar to but not the same as something he had been reprimanded for 10 minutes earlier. IE, "you have disrespected my authority by testing me, and here is your punishment again". With OUI laws reflecting the danger to others, an OUI MBC rider is mostly a danger to themselves. But apparantly this is what "zero tolerance" means...

Most likely a danger to self- yes, a risk to others- especially pedestrians and bicycle riders- certainly.

Drinking is fine.. but Public drunkenness is not allowed here where I live. I had a friend many years ago, that was a drinker and a partier. I would ride with him on motorcycles to parties he would locate. He would go, I would say, see ya and ride off and go my own way. I loved riding too much to waste riding time drinking. But he would go and drink. After a party one night, his sister called me and informed me he was in hospital after crashing drunk on his motorcycle. He had a Kawasaki Mach III 500 Triple. I helped him build it. At any rate, he knocked a hole in his forehead and was give last rights by the local Pastor that was in the Hospital. I just walked by his bed in ICU and looked at this grown man in a Diaper with everything hanging out. And all the Tubes connected to his arms and Throat. The Doctors cut his throat to insert a Tracheotomy . I walked right past to the waiting room to find his mom and two sisters crying. They cried all over me. IT made me angry at Bruce "Bruce was his first name" to see him make his family cry like this. At any rate. I would visit him every day NOT. He was not there, I went to check on his family. He was out of it. DUI on a Mach III Triple really did the guy in. This was a fast bike for sure and I felt like I should have never helped him build the bike up to ride. But I did and this happened. I guess I ignored the fact he boozed so much. I was not a boozer. I was a rider.. I love to ride bikes.. Well.. About the 2nd week of Bruce being in ICU, I did my normal walk by his bed after leaving the waiting room. I would just pass by his bed with all the other people in there on the verge of death and beeping all over the place, only this time the nurse had him propped up in a chair and she was chainging his bed sheets, and as I passed by, he opened his eyes for a quick flash at me. Then closed them again. That was a first. I said nothing to anyone. After a month or so and no Insurance of course, he recovered enough to wind up at Craig Rehab center. He Then learned to walk again, eventually going home, getting a car, getting drunk again , and rear ending another car drunk, then skipping the state to FL. End of story.. Again.. Getting Drunk and Drunks suck!!! so..That is just one of my personal encounters with drunks. I just got a call from a man 4 days ago about one of my customers Killed on his Motor Assisted bicycle hit by a Drunk !! I am telling you.. I am fed up with Drunks !!! They are the worst !! Getting Drunk is one of the worst sins. And you can see why.. If god frowns on it , we should too. Let me say this.. If you must get drunk, Do it alone and at home, that way you can drown in your own vomit and there will be one less drunk in the world to kill a Motor Assisted Bicycle rider. Drunks are more than drunks, they are killers, and in some instances, murderers . This Thread really sets me off in a personal way. In case you have not guessed, I hate those that get Drunk !! I am done.. Thanks..

I really don't want to comment on this but has me really p'd off. There is a difference between a drunk and a person that had 2 drinks cooking on a grill for supper for their family. I'm not a drunk or has a drinking problem. I admit i shouldn't have had 2 drinks prior to taking my bike out for a spin around the block. If i had been 200+ lbs i would've been ok. but with my weight at 160+ YES it was enouph to make me intoxicated. Please don't preach to me about Drunks I also hate those people that are Everyday drinkers and choose to drive drunk, and hurt or kill other people driving or pedestrions<(SP). I know you know who I am and don't Try to make Me sound like a Killer or bad person, just because you had a bad situation once. If you are so into what god had preached you should'nt have commented on drowning on your own Vomit, Your Basically judgeing a person you don't even know, and wanting him dead. So who is the real sinner here. Its Really people like you who really have a problem. I hope some of you can take note to this and not judge the person, only the mistakes they have made. I was simply trying to help all of you out their don;t make the Same mistake that i have made and Don't ride around or drive with a couple of beers in You, because all it takes is one wrong move and your done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't read Dax's rant as an assault directed specifically at you, even if that's what seems to be implied. Likewise, I appreciate your original posting for what you just stated it is; a warning.

Hopefully at least one person has read this thread and had the revelation that a DUI on a bike is in the legal sense just as bad as a car driving DUI. Not everybody knows it all counts the same.

in brief answer to a few comments in this topic: some laws are in place to force a person to protect themself...DUI on a motoredbike may not lead to innocent motorists being hurt or killed, but it could lead to you being hurt or killed by an innocent motorist.

I can't argue with that, but one could make the same case for biking in general. I think it boils down to circumstance and degree of risk, which for DUI on a bicycle seems over the top to me - particularly as it applies to being powered solely by the rider. I'd argue that somebody doing 40 mph on a motored bicycle is at more risk of serious personal injury than somebody blowing a .12 just pedalling around the neighborhood, yet the distinction is that the impaired person gets slapped with a criminal charge, and the former may only get a speeding ticket. In this instance, appropriate charges are probably somewhere in the middle, at least as far as the DUI is concerned.

Then of course is the arguement of whether it is the job of the government to protect people from themselves. Even so, cigarettes, proven to be a threat both to the individual and others around them, continue to be legal. Perhaps our nation simplly prefers it's citizens to die slow deaths vs. sudden ones.

Anyway, I suppose I'm just rambling now . .

Back