Dumb Math Question

FrizzleFried

Local time
9:40 PM
Being there isn't anything actually... special... going on inside the gearbox for these things... am I safe to assume that if I'm pulling 20mph or so at 4000RPM it's going to take 8000 RPM to get up to 40mph?

Put your tire size and gear ratio in then you can put one more for speed or rpm and it’ll calculate the other

Being there isn't anything actually... special... going on inside the gearbox for these things... am I safe to assume that if I'm pulling 20mph or so at 4000RPM it's going to take 8000 RPM to get up to 40mph?
I just calculated 42mph with a 40 tooth wheel sprocket.

It's mechanical relationship, and barring a few variables, your thinking is pretty much spot on. In rough terms for every 200 rpm of fhe engine you see 1mph in speed.

If you want to check the theory for yourself compare your speeds and rpm. If the above is accurate you should see 10mph at 2000rpm, and 15mph at 3000rpm.

Sidewinder speed formula:

(RPM × Wheel Diameter × π)÷(1056 × Total Reduction) = MPH.

What rear sprocket are you using? What size tires are you using?

Sidewinder speed formula:

(RPM × Wheel Diameter × π)÷(1056 × Total Reduction) = MPH.

What rear sprocket are you using? What size tires are you using?
If his numbers are close and has 26” wheels I calculated a 38T

Back