Dumpster diving thread

I've found a couple of skateboads once: one soviet (an actually rare thing), one chinese.
Also a bike wheel in the rich neighborhood. The wheel is cheap but runs true, i've put the tire off of it on my main bike.

mark20

well, i dont think this counts as dumpster diving, more like "driving around and happen to live near a bunch of rich people" type of deal.

ive found countless free small engine equipment in my area (lots of people dont know how to service small engines, so they just throw them away and buy the newest ones)
the last few months ive collected:
13 snowblowers (still have 1 left, its a honda hs520A snowblower, not sure why the owner threw it out, it ran great!)
6 lawnmowers
2 riding tractors
10 weed whips.
sold all of them, except for the honda, which i plan to this snow season.
i have bought a ton of stuff as well, but it never beats free!

Oh my
13 snowblowers (still have 1 left, its a honda hs520A snowblower, not sure why the owner threw it out, it ran great!)
6 lawnmowers
2 riding tractors
10 weed whips.
that's quite a collection that went through your hands!

I hope one day i'll be able to say something similar:unsure:
It probably helps to live in a rural area and it probably helps even more to have friends who work in metal recycling

mark20

Oh my

that's quite a collection that went through your hands!

I hope one day i'll be able to say something similar:unsure:
It probably helps to live in a rural area and it probably helps even more to have friends who work in metal recycling
Eh probably being know as the local "mustie1" helps a lot 😆
I also work with contractors who need there stuff fixed, most of the time they just give the "outdated" equipment to me. Which i then fix and resell to regular consumers, which is a win win since they get a quality product at a cheap price, and i get money!

MotoMagz

Heres one for ya... I go down the street last week I see handlebar and the rear section of a gas stand up scooter In the trash. Yep a 125cc complete and a complete standup gas scooter. So I ring the Ring bell...guy answers I say hey are you throwing out those bikes. He says my wife probably threw them out. I say ok I’ll take them. Im Geeked and say to my self just get the 125cc in the truck and go!l I grab it lift front end up into truck....... and I hear Sorry... they belong to my daughters friends.wtf. So I pull it back out and lean it back on trash cans. Guy says sorry again... Im like you better get them off the trash pile cuz most people just grab and go... Coulda woulda shoulda been a great find:ROFLMAO:

most people just grab and go...
And sometimes you have to do the gabbing quite fast, once a guy ran up to a homemade car battery charger I was casually walking towards on a dumpster and held it to his chest like was his first born or something. Said it was "a very useful device". Even when I offered to buy it he just declined repeating that the device is really useful...
None of us both knew the voltage and condition.

mark20

ive done that a few times at garage sales,
I mean, a 80$ 12000w generator im SURE as hell not passing up