Dynamo

Cannonball3

Local time
10:05 AM
I would like to run this dynamo from an extended shaft on my tav30 torque converter on my 212golf cart conversion. Im thinking this voltage regulator will work with it. What about it you electrical guys?

Attachments

• 0A402B9A-FB38-4301-8C8E-21F88074D559.png
    0A402B9A-FB38-4301-8C8E-21F88074D559.png
    577.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 70906DF5-EFD0-40A2-941C-759DF0E20AAA.png
    70906DF5-EFD0-40A2-941C-759DF0E20AAA.png
    441 KB · Views: 120
I like it could be used many ways I wonder what RPM it supposed to be at and if you're drive pulley system could be configured into useing it as a tensioner or pick up the right size drive pulley for it...

Thinking its good for 3-4k maybe a bit more. Its for a Yanmar tractor. Will run on the Predator governed at 3800.
Any speed range can be chosen by pulley size on the driven shaft. Pretty sure the V reg will work with it, just wanted
some input form the experts on this. Pretty sure the same setup could be fabbed from a pit bike coils and rotor but is more fussy to do.

Is that mini alt for a yanmar have 2 wires or 3 wires coming out of it? I'm hoping 3 & it should be a simple hook up.

Two output wires. The regulator has 2 inputs, a ground, and a +12v out. The alternator has to ground thru the case.
Thats my spin on it anyway.

Two output wires. The regulator has 2 inputs, a ground, and a +12v out. The alternator has to ground thru the case.
Thats my spin on it anyway.
Yep that's what I read on internet, 2 wire & grounded thru the case, alot of the guys using them use a 5 wire regulator that way they can control it thru a ignition switch. John deere uses a small dynamo like that as well. It should be simple then, figure which wire is the voltage output wire, then other wire should be your sensing/rotor wire.

I think both wires are out put. Its 2 phase? I believe the regulator is also. I was able to run a similar system with no battery, a similar regulator/rectifier and a voltage stabilizer to protect the bulbs from spikes. This system would of course use a battery in system. Think Im going for it. The golf cart has a pretty good lighting system, 20A seems about right.

I think both wires are out put. Its 2 phase? I believe the regulator is also. I was able to run a similar system with no battery, a similar regulator/rectifier and a voltage stabilizer to protect the bulbs from spikes. This system would of course use a battery in system. Think Im going for it. The golf cart has a pretty good lighting system, 20A seems about right.
Yeah you are correct I was calling it a sensing/rotor wire, but there should be a lower output voltage on that wire. Them dynamos start making 12volts at 1100rpm & about 12.3-13volts at 1300rpm & about 13.2-14.4volts at 1400rpms and above, from 1400rpm to 3800rpm is should maintain about 14.4-14.8volts thru that rpm range. You can also adust pulley size to have it produce the voltage you want at a said rpm.

Yeah you are correct I was calling it a sensing/rotor wire, but there should be a lower output voltage on that wire. Them dynamos start making 12volts at 1100rpm & about 12.3-13volts at 1300rpm & about 13.2-14.4volts at 1400rpms and above, from 1400rpm to 3800rpm is should maintain about 14.4-14.8volts thru that rpm range. You can also adust pulley size to have it produce the voltage you want at a said rpm.
Just so there is no confusion that's for the john deere dynamo it's a 20amp as well & looks identical.

Yeah JD uses some Yanmar engines in smaller tractors, at least they did when I worked for them.

Thanks for your input yall!

Back