dyno a happy time?

Yes, I calculated 56.6 ft/lbs.

Now if we knew how much torque these engines should produce at, say, 4000 rpm, then we could establish a "spec" power or torque curve.

The guys who port engines and design exhaust systems could compare and document their performance gains. And if a mod resulted in an "off" power curve, that could be useful as well.

Thinking about it a bit, I can see something else that I overlooked.
Above somewhere I said something like, "If I pictured myself braking that output shaft by hand, then I know I'd be trying to hold onto more than 4 ft/lbs."

But I wasn't taking into account the fact that that shaft has a radius much less than 1 foot. Probably something more like 1/2". 4 ft/lbs would translate into 4X12X2=
96 half inch/pounds.

Not important. I'd just feel silly leaving an error like that in print.

I have dyno'd my 48cc slant head, FIGURES AT THE WHEEL! 1.6 kw or 2.2hp with 12 ft/lbs of torque.

48cc max 1.2kw(1.61hp)/6800rpms
max speed estimate 35mph
max engine torque 2.4nm/4500rpms(1.77lbs/ft)
max no-load speed 8500rpms
torque at rear wheel:
50t 8.9lbs/ft
44t 7.8lbs/ft
36t 6.4lbs/ft
34t 6.0lbs/ft
32t 5.7lbs/ft

66cc max 2.0kw(2.68hp)/5500rpms
max speed estimate 35mph
max engine torque 6.2nm/5500rpms(4.57lbs/ft)
max no-load speed ????rpms
torque at rear wheel:
50t 22.9lbs/ft
44t 20.1lbs/ft
36t 16.5lbs/ft
34t 15.5lbs/ft
32t 14.6lbs/ft

engine torque X overall reduction ratio = rear wheel torque

Last edited:
48cc max 1.2kw(1.61hp)/6800rpms
max speed estimate 35mph
max engine torque 2.4nm/4500rpms(1.77lbs/ft)
max no-load speed 8500rpms
torque at rear wheel:
50t 8.9lbs/ft
44t 7.8lbs/ft
36t 6.4lbs/ft
34t 6.0lbs/ft
32t 5.7lbs/ft

66cc max 2.0kw(2.68hp)/5500rpms
max speed estimate 35mph
max engine torque 6.2nm/5500rpms(4.57lbs/ft)
max no-load speed ????rpms
torque at rear wheel:
50t 22.9lbs/ft
44t 20.1lbs/ft
36t 16.5lbs/ft
34t 15.5lbs/ft
32t 14.6lbs/ft
engine torque X overall reduction ratio = rear wheel torque

Haha lmfao dude you followin me? these are guesstimates only people. He assumes you will get the same figures regardless of the tyre circumfrence
Hows the stopwatch and gps going???
Tell me dude when someone else dynos there bike and gets more than what you recon are you gunna dissmiss there results to?
steve

Last edited:
i dont have a stop watch or gps,that was somebody else on the forum that said you could use those,not me. i used a motorcycle calculator to come up with those numbers. its the same way the engine manufacturers get there numbers for hp and rpms.

the engine you dynoed was a stock 48cc slant head and you werent likely to get double the numbers that i listed with out doing modifications and replacing your stock parts for performance parts,now if you did that that would be diffrent. these numbers are only so people can see the diffrence in changing engine size or sprockets and the numbers will be slighty diffrent for diffrent engines and bikes but not double or triple with a stock engine.

Sorry you said " Re: Dyno power
my list is just too show the diffrence between engines and sprockets.
the real numbers may be slighty higher or lower for diffrent engines and upgrades. please explain???????? calculators now ok!
also your edditing all your posts to say different things dude whats up with that? You said 'a stopwatch and a gps thats a plan'! but its gone now???? haha your funny bro keep pedalin backwards!

Before you edited it out you said that you got these figure on the dyno at your work? really what kind? oh and what ramp rate where you using? didnt know you used rolling road dyno's in the states, thought you were all using engine dynos?
Really stop filling these threads with your mindless dribble.
HAVE ALL THE EMAILS FROM YOUR ORIGIONAL POSTS SO EDIT ALL YOU WANT.
steve

When i asked cabin if he was going to dismiss anyones figures if they dyno'd there bike, his responce?

Dear stv1jzgte, cabinfever1977 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - dyno a happy time? - in the Wild In The Streets forum of MotoredBikes.com:
Here is the message that has just been posted:***************no , only yours.

You wont find this post in here because he edited it out, see he only wants to stuff people around and is not interested in facts...... get a life bro!

are you done yet.

Far from bro!
All i have done is post a result made on a dyno 12ft/lbs! you dissagree fine, then you post figures that you said you got on a dyno (what kind we will never know) but now i find its made on a friggn calculator? and you think im wrong hahahahahahahaha you should have left it on the other forum!

Last edited:
Picture118.jpg

Back