Dyno Deuce build soon to be In progress

Good news everyone! I am about to acquire a rare original GT Dyno Deuce on craigslist next weekend for $250. Very hard to find and am glad to be getting a sweet deal on it. I was hoping to get a gloss black but I'll have to settle with a gloss red which still looks awesome. this bike was built in the early 2000's and its still in great shape. It was hardly ridden but well kept over the years and has been in a garage free from environmental exposure.

I am so glad its not a Kustom Kruisers deuce as those are the junky department store quality versions. The company went bankrupt after partnering up with pacific (selling out basically) when quality started going down the drain. I plan on using it for my motorized bike build. I want a 4 stroke but would settle with a 2 stroke if I had to as I have seen that very bike with a 2 stroke motor. Here's a pick of the bike. I know I've been back and forth with bikes but I finally settled for a good cruiser I want. The dyno deuce is living proof companies shouldn't throw away quality for style and vice versa. Its a true muscle bike if you ask me.
. dyno deuce.jpg

Last edited:
If ya strip the hole ya drilled for the easy out with the easy out. Try the next size Easy Out.
Or tap that hole for a small bolt and 5 min epoxy it in.
If the epoxy don't hold. Drill out the hole ya just taped. Work your way up to the drill bit size that will re tap the hole again for the same size bolt. Good as new
Ya shouldn't have to go that far, the Easy Out will work. Try heating it up a little if the broken bolt is stubborn.

Harbor Freight Easy out extraction set. Cheep $

@Wrench Thank you. What do I do about the chain rubbing on the tire after fix the mounting bolt? My back hubs bearings are falling out. So the wheel doesn't spin. Would it be better to put wide cranks on it(which I already have the refit kit) & keep the mounting bracket which aligns the chain perfectly and install new bearings on the original back hub or should I put a 26in x 1.75in rim and tire on it instead of the 24in x 3.0in rim and tire that's on there now and take the mounting bracket off and not install the wide cranks? I appreciate your input. I've actually been so stuck on this I moved on to another build this one I just finished.

Attachments

• 20200208_122508.jpg
    20200208_122508.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 150
@Wrench Thank you. What do I do about the chain rubbing on the tire after fix the mounting bolt? My back hubs bearings are falling out. So the wheel doesn't spin. Would it be better to put wide cranks on it(which I already have the refit kit) & keep the mounting bracket which aligns the chain perfectly and install new bearings on the original back hub or should I put a 26in x 1.75in rim and tire on it instead of the 24in x 3.0in rim and tire that's on there now and take the mounting bracket off and not install the wide cranks? I appreciate your input. I've actually been so stuck on this I moved on to another build this one I just finished.
Your call. If I had the bike and parts in front of me I could make a better decision.
I'm sure you'll figure something out. I like the build ya just finished. Nice Trail Bike

Back