Dyno Fireball tires?

bikejock

Local time
9:58 PM
I wanna know if there's a chance of having newly made Dyno Fireball tires. I know people sometimes sell them from when they used to be made but Dyno Fireballs are at least ten year old tires plus people charge way to much ($100 or more usually) for a set that may never have been used. and I would prefer to get brand new ones fresh from the factory if I ever needed new tires for my GT Dyno Deuce.

I wouldn't mind getting ones that fit that come very close to those tires as I could just paint the Dyno Fireball logos on the walls myself. The Dyno Deuce used a fat 24x3 wide flame slicks for the rear and 26 front flame slicks for the front. It would probably cost just as much as what people try to sell them for to get a factory to custom make them new so chances are I would need to try to make replicas using currently produced tires. Here's what the fireball tires look like.

Dyno Fireball tires.JPG

Kenda flames are a reasonable and cheap approximation.

Just found some on amazon. The Kenda Flames look very close. I could even try painting them to look closer to the original Dyno Fireballs. They also have them in both wheel sizes I need. Any thoughts on how to get rid of the Kenda Flame logo on the walls without damaging the tires?

if the lettering is raised you can usually cut it off with a razor blade, but if it's flush there's nothing to do but paint them black

if the lettering is raised you can usually cut it off with a razor blade, but if it's flush there's nothing to do but paint them black
Are the kenda flame logos raised or flushed? Also what kind of paint would you recommend I use on tires? I'm good with a brush because I make model kits and I have good attention to detail when painting something accurately.

I believe they're raised, but I don't have any on hand to confirm that.

I've used regular old paint pens on tires with good results. I don't know enough about paint to tell you any more.

I just made some stencils from paper to help me more accurately re create the Dyno Fireball lettering for the rear tire

IMG_3862.jpgIMG_3863.jpg

Back