E bike cruiser conversion

I found my next victim. I decided it would be nice to have another motorized bicycle to cruise around with the China girl bike i just finished. I'm going to do this bike electric but I'm not sure if i should do front hub or rear hub, 36 volt or 42?
20190209_192211.jpg

Well i ordered 4 of those agm batteries. If i end up not liking them i can still go with the lithium later and use these for ice fishing and camping still. I don't see any other pack holding 12 amps at this size.

well, you have one battery odd out since its a 36V system (3x 12V). i would suggest start making an inframe and top of frame holder for the batteries so that they are secure, connections secure, and water resistant. start with inframe one for 3 batteries. if the batteries are decent then just order 2 more to complete a top tube battery holder for 36V 24aH. it might be hard but I had SLA on a rear rack before and the handling was atrocious. try not to do that if possible.

I planned on using 3 and the other on my gas bike for lights. I made a little box that can hold 3 batteries like a rear rack but i was thinking of other areas to put them. Maybe 2 under the front basket and 1 somewhere else?

I'm planning on using deans connectors. I think they'll be enough. I'm still trying to think of a way to tell my wife lol.

Back