E bike cruiser conversion

I found my next victim. I decided it would be nice to have another motorized bicycle to cruise around with the China girl bike i just finished. I'm going to do this bike electric but I'm not sure if i should do front hub or rear hub, 36 volt or 42?
20190209_192211.jpg

The wife tried it out today for the first time. She really liked it. Hey first words were "wow this really is like a moped!" She said should would like the battery box to be skinnier as well.

ohh is that the 3 rolls tape bike? 😀
250W is enough giddyup?? down the road I'd like to do 48v+, maybe 1000w but the 36v kits are really affordable w/o battery

It's a 500watt kit allegedly peaks at 750 watt. It can ride totally unassisted and go up hills, slows down on good size hills. Says it was speed limited to 19.8mph but gps says 25 and would probably get a little more if you held it for a while.

ah ok. I know SBP has an ebike shifter too I might look at.
your setup was easy to do? how long did it take

Super easy. Took a few hours but i soldered and heat shrank all the connections. Could have done it in an hour if you trusted crimp on connectors.

ohh is that the 3 rolls tape bike? 😀
250W is enough giddyup?? down the road I'd like to do 48v+, maybe 1000w but the 36v kits are really affordable w/o battery

36 and 48V hub kits are pretty much the same price; maybe just a 10-15$ increase

Back