E bike help

Gavin67

Local time
5:02 AM
I purchased this https://www.ebay.com/itm/48V-1000W-...739654?hash=item1ca941b3c6:g:Y5MAAOSwWbRan145

I just got it today, and it doesn't necessarily fit perfectly into my rear dropout since my bike uses quick release skewers and this is a bolt on. I can get the majority of it on but there will be a very small gap, I hear I can just file it down to get a perfect fit but would that be necessary if I bolt them down tight instead?

Other than that I was looking for a battery and came across this https://www.ebay.com/itm/U-P-P-Ebik...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Does not say what type of cells they are using, but the price seems about right for my budget. Can this be used if my motor and controller is 48V? I've heard some places you can for the most part, but just wanted to be on the safe side since things can overheat and get burnt. I went with option 4 on the connector type since those look closest to the connectors on my controller which the colors of the wires are just swapped.

Only thing I would like to know is what should I expect from this? With a 52v 13AH battery how many miles will it last most likely if pedal moderatly, or not at all. How bad would it be if I went into a puddle and splashed water on the components? I don't plan on doing anything crazy with it, but I will be taking it off road on my mountain bike, no jumps or anything like that but the bumps can be quite harsh sometimes. The rim is double walled and the spokes seem heavy duty. I do have a 55mm of travel for the rear suspension which should help.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
1. I mean if you know the wheel is true than I think it will be okay
2. I think the 52V battery is fine especially since you mentioned that you are not going to go crazy
3. With option 4, make sure the connection is out of the way and not going to snag. This connection type is pretty flimsy meaning if you snag it with your leg it can easily pull the connectors from the wire. So tuck it deep behind other wires
4. 52v 13ah = 676 watt hour ; lets say 90% of that is effective use = 600 watt hour. this all depends on your weight, tire pressure, and riding conditions. I actually use my ebike for exercise so i am a light rider, using max +5-7 psi, and on roads with flats/hills. The furthest I've ridden on the roads is 60 miles on a 300 watt hour battery only using 160 watt hours. I used like 20W in light wind and hills and 100-150W on hills and 200-250W on big hills. In the beginning, I needed a lot of assistance but I really gotten into biking and gotten stronger so I can go pretty far and not be tired with a small battery. For you, off road, you will need more power.
5. Also, this ebike kit is the lowest price. Meaning the PAS is dog crap, it is set on max amps so dont even bother with it. The 3 led battery level indicator is okay. I would eventually get a cheap watt-meter to understand your power usage
6. there are cheap inframe bags or just regular bags to hide the controller and connection from light weather

Gavin, go to the junkyard and get an motor on the cheap. Yesterday I found a 3hp induction motor on an industrial compressor for free, though my dad wouldn't let me bring it home. A 3hp electric is equivalent to 7hp gas...exponential power. Though, you might need an inverter to run it. Then build a trailer to house a bunch of car batteries and now you can get top speeds and torque. Watch this guys video: or that

Back