e-Biker Birmingham UK England

monster

Local time
8:57 AM
hi all

i ride a 1.5kw electric bike around Birmingham UK. its a sweet ride but the range is only 10 miles. my commute to work is only 3.5miles so this is normally not a problem. i probably would have bought a motored bike if the laws in this country weren't so arcane but now im really happy with my (illegal) e-bike. i've just bought more batteries so 25 miles soon.

i hope you all have good brakes
happy riding, Matthew

G'day man and welcome to MBc.
I'm assuming it's illegal because of the power not the whole e-concept?
We have a pathetic 200 watts here but those laws are being reviewed.........about time. :rolleyes:

we have 200watts here but its continuous power not peak power so its no so bad as down under.

we should all be allowed 1hp -because they let horses have that on the road and they don't need insurance!

hi all

i ride a 1.5kw electric bike around Birmingham UK. its a sweet ride but the range is only 10 miles. my commute to work is only 3.5miles so this is normally not a problem. i probably would have bought a motored bike if the laws in this country weren't so arcane but now im really happy with my (illegal) e-bike. i've just bought more batteries so 25 miles soon.

i hope you all have good brakes
happy riding, Matthew

IC engined bikes are NOT illegal - they have never been illegal. They are still covered under the laws set up for the old cyclemotors. There are some additions to a bike you have to install but these can be bought off the web for the grand total of about £50.

Glad you are having fun with the E-Bike. I did consider one but the range and the weight/performance just wasnt enough *sigh*

Jemma xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Back