E-Trike Cruiser 1000wat 48ah

wow.......good on ya mate,

now that is one hum dinger or should i say bobby dazzler,of a beaut.

( its been a while since i visited the relatives over in newcastle)

now about this litium ion batteries!!!!!!

happy trails

Motor Upgrade

HAHA cheers ..but theres more vegasdaddy :-|

OK Then NEXT ...? "BUT..BUT ..... BUT you said it was finished AJ ???!!!"...yeah yeah its a DIY project they are NEVER reeeeeally finished hahaha--->what follows is a copy of my resent addition to my worklog on the 5 other forums it resides on copied here in it's "entirety"

OK Safe! ...no more stuffing about with these scooter motors...I'm blowing off the RC motors also and going for something tried and tested (and no i havent hit my head and ordered a HUB motor LMAO) I KNOW will be up to the challenge and YES it will be costing a bit BUT TBH not as much as a better than average RC setup (seeing ONE Astro motor is $US400 PLUS another $US200 for a Recumpence drive unit PLUS a 200 dollar ESC chuck in another 30 for a servo tester and im actually coming out cheaper) BONUS I already have a rock solid controller that i wont have throttle connection hassles as per the RC ESC/ servo tester affair some of the fellas are struggling with...what motor i herez you muttering ol fella here ya go Safe-->

http://www.kellycontroller.com/shop/default.asp?mod=product&cat_id=16&product_id=240

THAT' WILL ****EM!!!! hehehe... "Capable of 4.8 KW continuous and 15 KW for 1 minute." So i wont make the 15kw with my current controller but get over get half at least i am using my old Kelly controller-->

http://www.kellycontroller.com/shop/default.asp?mod=product&cat_id=40,21&product_id=357

It hasn't seen over 129amp yet im sure with the new ETek it will haha...LOVELY controller though
smoooooth power delivery doesn't heat up in the slightest...

So thats my plan Safe, no more messing about with these lil scooter motors, im already 800watt above the 'legal' motor size in Australia pffft..ifz im a going to be breaking the law i might as well do it with something that will 'do the job' WELL with NO CHANCE of overheating/burning to a crisp and leaving me stranded 10km from home twiddling my thumbz wondering how i will get myself and a 'dead' trike home again :) Not too mention my 0-100meter time will absolutely FLOG[/i] any hub motor in existence running on any amount of VOLTs (suck that up DocBass :p ) hehehe ;-P

The Unite motor can and & will be used on my planned lighter 2 wheeler , obviously after a re-wind, was talking with Frank today via Skype for an hour or so (you use Skype Safe?) MAN hes a clever fella i hung up from the conversation feeling a WHOLE lot dumber than when i started hahah was AWESOME to chat with the talented Canadian... top fella, so, i shall be following his motor rewind safe using the slightly thicker wired single wind affair that has proven to work VERY well in Franks motorcycle conversion which is ALOT heavier than my trike... still havent pulled the motor from the trike, i was messing about adjusting gears today, having added a smaller front cog i can now keep amps under 30 up any hill albeit going ~15km while pulling the wheelchair and the motor stays cool HOPEFULLY it will hang together long enough for the ETek to arrive, shall 'baby' it for a few weeks and stay withing "wheeling" distance from home (basically all downhill back home luckily there's a **** shop (bottlo) on the uphill journey haha)

More soon anywayz Safe...and anyone else that has bothered checking this worklog LoL...

KiM

So there we are chaps...lil bit of a info there to keep you all 'in the loop' as to whats a happening...the next build will be delayed somewhat as a result, there wont be a heap of work need to be done to the trikein order to fit the ETek either just a motor mount that will bolt directly to the trikes existing 'onboard' motor mounting structure... :) HIGHLY likely this will not be the last 'modification' either, i can see me wanting a FULL differential once have this EXTRA powerhaha EXTRA what an understatement going from a couple of horespower motor to close to 18hp motor LOL... The acceleration will be scary fast with a front wheel wishing to lift making it dangerous seeing only one rear wheel is powered, will be 'power monos' on take off which would see the trike pulling hard to the left...can't have that can we LoL :p

I won't have the 'funds' to blow straight away on the motor, shall be ~4 weeks away possibly 3...

Back when i have more to tell...

KiM

THERES ALWAYS MORE !!!!!

Watch out kim its starts in the brain and slowly oozes your $$$ out of your wallet !!!!!

New Video Overview of Custom Trike Build

I have been meaning to do a video overview of the trike since finishing it but
have been distracted by one thing or another each time i venture into my
workshop SO this morning i decided i would set aside some time
to do a video. Apologies for the shocking quality i/m still using my
Cannon Powershot A630 digital camera to take the video.
This is probably nothing new to most as all the stills are on the forum,
the video was more for those on YouTube i guess, these are the ones
that haven't really had the opportunity to view the trike up close and see
what its made of.SO without further ado i present to you from The Garage
staring a sexy hunk-a-man "AussieJester" along with a highly
trained production crew "me" hehehe-->

YouTube Video Overview of Custom Trike

KiM

Who shot the Sheriff

Hey Jester..No wonder all the serious guys in the MBc "Global Workshop" love your work..and have followed the build from the start. Speilberg will probably add a comment down the track..have those local guys been taking pot shots at you as youre coming back from the bottlo..See ya ENO

HAHA i don't think ill hang on Speilberg getting in touch matey ;-) Cheers though bud, as yet haven't had any trouble from the 'yockles' on trips from the bottlo been held up for a chat each time when im there with people asking about the trike hahaa...I have just bought some magnetic wires to rewind the Unite motor too-->

Costing ~$AU50 bucks landed in OZ better than $US170ish for a new motor which would be closer to 250 Austrian to get one here...The 20AWG should let me pull at least 50amp constant (by all accounts by an individual that has already completed a 20AWG Unite single wind) without overheating.. I should be able to pull ~100 amp for 2-3 minutes without alot of heat being generated too. I shall open up existing cooling holes on the end caps of the motor and add a row between the magnets on the motor housing to help promote more airflow, if this isn't enough will water cooling will follow.

A fella i have been chatting with for awhile has completed the rewinding of a 1200watt Unite motor that i am about to take on (actually he has used 19AWG but speaking with him has said if doing again 20AWG would be used so thats why i have opted for the 20AWG size wire : -) ) Here's FramkGs EXCELLENT documentation video from The Workshop.CA

Motor Rewind Video

If your into the DIY thing i recommend spending some time on Franks website he is an extremely talented individual and KING IMO of the DIYers...

Hopefully ill get the wire next week its coming from US. im reeeeally hoping it goes well then I can hold off on ETek in this trike and put it in a new build. something thats off road capable i think would be the best bet. Anyhott more when i have more...cheers again ENO :)

KiM

Last edited:
I'm not usre if i ever mentioned it in the worklog but from
day dot i wasn't entirely happy with the shape of the seat
on the trike, the front had a 'squareness' to it that didn't
suit the shape of the frame it sat on, so over a few stubbies of Jack
Daniels black last night while the lads were over i ripped the seat
off re-shaped it more to my liking then re-fixed the original
seat cover on-->

http://members.ii.net/~aussiejester/index/pictures/remodeled_seat.jpg

How it was accomplished was via a electric carving knife
to 're-shape' the foam. I have re-upholstered MANY
motorcycle seats over the years, part of my the company
my father owned for more than 20 years involved
motorcycle seat upholstery which i started doing in school
holidays to earn money for my hobbies at the time haha...
here's a pic i took this morning out in the sun-->

http://members.ii.net/~aussiejester..._Trike_Cruiser_Latest_Pic_new_seat_design.JPG

The 4 buttons still need to be pulled down they are just
'stuck' temporarily with a dob of glue to hold them in
place for picture purposes ATM...I like the way the seat
now 'sits' on the bike, it fits the whole shape of the backbone
of the frame alot better i think, also i rounded the edges more
so the seat is slightly thinner now as a result leg positioning
is more comfortable and doesn't tend to push your feet outward
and off the pegs, not a problem if you have leg strength but
i dont :)

KiM

Last edited:
AJ it has been my experience that communal endeavors involving JD or similar lubricants usually turned out less than succesful in the cold light of the morning after.How do you manage to keep things from getting out of hand?.I recall being involved in wallpapering a room during my college days,which degenerated into targeting passersby down in the street with wallpaper paste,which turned out to be not all that easy from three stories high.It was the Dutch gin&Heinekens which were to blame.

Back