E-Trike Cruiser 1000wat 48ah

very cool trike Jester. no matter how finished or done a project is there is always one more improvement.

Thankyou mickal1025...and yes too true...i think i will need to raise the foortrests a tad now they seem a lil low i hit a rather unusually high hump on the cyclepath few days back when crossing the road from one path to the one on the opposite side of the road, came to an abrupt holt see sawing on this raised section with the wheelchair still hanging out on the road LOL..Was no major drama i rocked back gave it a fistful and it launched forward, could have been a bit of a drama if i was going quicker though might have been enough to unseat me from the trike :-S...

Cheers

KiM

Thankyou mickal1025...and yes too true...i think i will need to raise the foortrests a tad now they seem a lil low i hit a rather unusually high hump on the cyclepath few days back when crossing the road from one path to the one on the opposite side of the road, came to an abrupt holt see sawing on this raised section with the wheelchair still hanging out on the road LOL..Was no major drama i rocked back gave it a fistful and it launched forward, could have been a bit of a drama if i was going quicker though might have been enough to unseat me from the trike :-S...

Cheers

KiM

or maybe a low profile roller on either side of the frame on your foot rests would just raise you gently up and scoot you over the hump.

Thats actually not quite as strange as it first sounds. The two wheeled e-bike i was sketching had that exact thing for the retractable stand, i would use roller blade wheels on the end, the plan was to be able to lower and raise the stand to transfer on/off the bike, once on take off and raise the stand up :)

I got word from my buddy in Canada that the motor has been sent, (rewound 1200watt Unite) So i should have it next week i think. Frank has also been kind enough to send another 3 'stepper' motors and circuit board to go onto a CNC Milling machine that i will be constructing for cutting foam! ... the foam 'plugs' will be used in lost foam metal casting I have already built one furnace and LOVED the whole casting process, now with Franks expert guidance i shall be able to take it to the next level :)... SO, i shall be a little scarce on the forums in weeks to come as i build a cnc mill and furnace ..heres a couple of mills i have been using to get an idea of what i will build

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Three-Axis-CNC-Machine-Cheaply-and-/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make_a_mini_milling_machine/

in hope to add to my 'tool/machine' collection. Long term i hope to use the furnace and cnc mill to produce parts for a larger mill and lathe that can be used to work ferrous & non-ferrous metals, the fun part is in the construction too, Having a metal casting setup is pretty exciting IMO, designing components on PC then using a cnc mill to cut the 'plug' then pouring molten aluminum to create the part... doesn't get much more DIY than that does it?!? it will make more projects possible and cheaper!

...anyone else interested in cnc mills and metal casting checkout the metal casting and cnc links on Franks site there near 10 years of info there...www.cnczone.com also has a wealth of FREE information available to those interested in building their own machines ;-)

Back when im back anywayz fellas...

KiM

Last edited:
Thats actually not quite as strange as it first sounds. The two wheeled e-bike i was sketching had that exact thing for the retractable stand, i would use roller blade wheels on the end, the plan was to be able to lower and raise the stand to transfer on/off the bike, once on take off and raise the stand up :)

I got word from my buddy in Canada that the motor has been sent, (rewound 1200watt Unite) So i should have it next week i think. Frank has also been kind enough to send another 3 'stepper' motors and circuit board to go onto a CNC Milling machine that i will be constructing for cutting foam! ... the foam 'plugs' will be used in lost foam metal casting I have already built one furnace and LOVED the whole casting process, now with Franks expert guidance i shall be able to take it to the next level :)... SO, i shall be a little scarce on the forums in weeks to come as i build a cnc mill and furnace ..heres a couple of mills i have been using to get an idea of what i will build

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Three-Axis-CNC-Machine-Cheaply-and-/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make_a_mini_milling_machine/

in hope to add to my 'tool/machine' collection. Long term i hope to use the furnace and cnc mill to produce parts for a larger mill and lathe that can be used to work ferrous & non-ferrous metals, the fun part is in the construction too, Having a metal casting setup is pretty exciting IMO, designing components on PC then using a cnc mill to cut the 'plug' then pouring molten aluminum to create the part... doesn't get much more DIY than that does it?!? it will make more projects possible and cheaper!

...anyone else interested in cnc mills and metal casting checkout the metal casting and cnc links on Franks site there near 10 years of info there...www.cnczone.com also has a wealth of FREE information available to those interested in building their own machines ;-)

Back when im back anywayz fellas...

KiM

now that will be a cool project. what kind of software do you get with that set up?

Yes it should be fun project no doubt... I haven't got as far as looking at the software side of things as yet...but have been advised by Frank the following

"drawing app that is capable of exporting to "DXF" format, the DXF file is a native Auto-Cad format, it is converted into G-Code by an app called a G-Code Converter... I use Yeager's Ace Converter... See attached...

The Gcode is translated by TurboCNC and is what feeds the motors their step & direction terms... "

Coral Draw is the drawing app of choice for the design side of things, i decided to stick with what Frank uses so if i get stuck it will be alot easier to get advice if we are using the same software.

I have the software just haven't had a 'play' with it at this point, i don't forsee any major hudles here, I'm still in the 'design/planing stage' of the project, am heading out today to checkout a few Routers for use on the mill...

KiM

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it should be fun project no doubt... I haven't got as far as looking at the software side of things as yet...but have been advised by Frank the following

"drawing app that is capable of exporting to "DXF" format, the DXF file is a native Auto-Cad format, it is converted into G-Code by an app called a G-Code Converter... I use Yeager's Ace Converter... See attached...

The Gcode is translated by TurboCNC and is what feeds the motors their step & direction terms... "

Coral Draw is the drawing app of choice for the design side of things, i decided to stick with what Frank uses so if i get stuck it will be alot easier to get advice if we are using the same software.

I have the software just haven't had a 'play' with it at this point, i don't forsee any major hudles here, I'm still in the 'design/planing stage' of the project, am heading out today to checkout a few Routers for use on the mill...

KiM

thanks Jester, i know someone who was asking about software that works exactly like that. thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Back