E-Trike Cruiser 1000wat 48ah

Ride Height Adjustment

Thanks RdKryton :)

Update

Not alot to report back having an easy weekend, my controller cleared customs Friday so will be busy tomorrow wiring, i have new connectors in the consignment from TNC Scooters so decided i would wait for those to arrive before tackling the wiring on the trike...

I messed about again... :: sigh :: with the trikes ride height, i have dumped it again not quite as low as before, i now know how much the suspension moves so was able to get away with it clearance wise for the sprockets etc... Matt was also kind enough to throw 2 of the ChoppersUS springer fork springs my way for my front end as they are to heavy for his Aluminum Chopper...my suspension is now alot stiffer MUCH better was bottoming out with lighter springs with me on it and the weight of the 4x 12v slas when i bounced on it...here's a pic of the trikes new "stance"

http://members.ii.net/~aussiejester/index/pictures/Custom_crusier_14.jpg

Shall be pacing tomorrow waiting for the courier to arrive with my goods i know that LoL..

Back tomorrow fellas...and ladies...

Kim

A while back I designed a crank forward frame with a very similar stance, AJ, which is about as simple as yours in its basics, with a quite similar riding position. I think it would lend itself well to forks similar to yours, and was designed with an HT drive train in mind, feeding power to one rear wheel (or maybe through a "5th member" three speed rear hub driving both rear wheels), using two seperate thumb shifters). It would also lend itself well to using an electric motor feeding through a seperate free wheel setup crank ring to the power train.

There is a simple "differential" drive mechanism the uses the spoke flanges on an ordinary 3 speed hub to support a pair of 20 tooth sprockets that each drive an identical spocket on each half-axle which I found a picture of in an old bicycle builders reference manual. Seems like an interesting way to expand the gear ratio range by adding a low, middle, and high range rear end - I cou;d use a 6 or 7 speed derailleur cluster on the mid-drive rather than the NuVinci hub for the mid-drive and have a pretty wide range of gearing that way.

Attachments

• Delta Speeder II NuVinci.jpg
    Delta Speeder II NuVinci.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
We Have Power Captain :-|

Update

Received my consignment from TNC Scooters :) Speed controller
is alot larger and heavier than the last.. I spent the last few hours
cutting and soldering wires, also knocked up a wooden cover for the
batteries painted it with Hammer Tone finish paint...

http://members.ii.net/~aussiejester/index/pictures/Custom_crusier_16.jpg

Watt Up meter all working, as can be seen in pics, all wires have been covered with
cable sleeving to tidy things up a lil...have the batteries on charge now, shall be having some
fun "testing" it come morning ..

Edit:

I took a short 'close up' video of the trike/speed controller
YouTube - New Speed Controller Insatalled

Back with more tomorrow...

Kim

Last edited:
I fiddled around some more with wiring, connected up my brakes unfortunately i didnt have
a cable still long enough for gears :: sigh :: have ordered will have end of week...so for now
i am stuck in first gear and more sadly 40km/hr LoL

http://members.ii.net/~aussiejester/index/pictures/Custom_crusier_16aa.jpg

Be the last pics of the trike i'll post in 'un-painted' form ... next pics will be of finished trike, powder coated and chromed..

Ciao for now...

Kim

EDIT:-

I have a new top speed to report... flipped the chain into second gear and went for a
spin...managed 72km/hr ... or...( 44.7mph...)...trike felt beauuuutiful, very stable
the cornering is vastly more improved on the first effort...

Last edited:
excellent build post

that kept me busy for quite a while,i dont much look at electric builds.but sure am glad i caught this.i got a good bracket idea for 1 of my bikes.great work i will say!!

Just curious as to what motor and batteries you are using.

My neighbourhood has old bikes lying everywhere and would be awesome to knock up a couple of these things to go off roading with a mate :D

1 more thing, don't you need to put in pedals to please the cops so to speak ?

Back