E-Trike Cruiser 1000wat 48ah

Pedals

That BAD Boy could pedal... With a frame chop & another bottom bracket like this one -- No worries mate. Wide one piece Grube crank would clear your batteries EZ.

IMG_0926.jpg

That BAD Boy could pedal... With a frame chop & another bottom bracket like this one -- No worries mate. Wide one piece Grube crank would clear your batteries EZ.

View attachment 13257

Yes i had planned to make a front mounted bottom bracket to make the trike 100% legal and a wide bottom bracket from ChoppersUS was going to be utilized, i can easily screw a freewheel sprocket onto the current Sprocket on the rear bottom bracket (non-motor side) Whether i will actually go through with this is still up in the air, being a paraplegic pedals are technically of no use to me, i can't use them but for sake of keeping it "legal" i might go ahead with it, i think ill visit the local cop shop and see what they say, from a safety point pedals are more dangerous for me than the pegs, i will have to use clip less pedals or straps to keep my feet on them, in the unfortunate event i have a fall i will be trapped on the trike :-S Hopefully the Police will see it my way, if not the planned bracket will go ahead as a 'bolt on' attachment rather than welded permanently...

UPDATE

Had a good mate help me out today, I wanted to test the trikes abilities out on a very steep hill we have here in Lesmurdie, the road is called Basildon Rd and it's just around the corner from my house, we thought if the trike could get up this hill it could get up any of the others in the area, it will also give the members here a lil bit of an idea the "terrain" i am dealing with :) ...in case my new "build" didn't make it, my mate followed me in his car as i left the wheelchair back in the garage (obviously when I have constructed the tow hitch for the chair this will all have to be re-done...aaanyhoot...) as usual though the video doesnt do justice to the true incline we were confronted with loL... ...Those that own hub motors look away now...LoL

YouTube Video

My brother tackled this same hill few weeks back on his 48cc bike, he wasn't able to make it past half way with motor power, he actually jumped off and pushed it LoL might give you guyz and gals a better idea of the incline?

That is a pretty steep hill. Cool. Your trike seems to move along right smartly.

Nice, your bike would probably do even better up the hill if you added a 'low range' gear to the gear cassette at the rear :)

Just curious about how much this has cost you roughly so far ?

This bike is a sure winner and i bet has turned many heads when you've been able to take her for a spin

The first gear is the 'low range' gear using the largest rear sprocket available and the smallest front (as per usd on MTBs) Funny you should mention the attention, in the last video, the car pulling the trailer up the hill towards me (at the begining of the video after i turned left) was so distracted he had to swerve quickly to stop from running into the island in the middle of the road (my mate told me this when we returned from the ride)

As for cost aside from my many hours of time i would guess around ~800 dollars for this particular trike less for the first one... Can pop and extra 1000 on that when i buy the Lifpeo4 batteries though LoL

New Spring Retainers

LiL Update

I picked up some engine core plugs from the Auto Shop
few weeks back but until today hadn't got around to fitting
them.

First a BIG thanks to my good friend Noel (Irish) for taking
these to his work drilling them and turning the bur off in the
lather...cheers mate ;-)

http://members.ii.net/~aussiejester/index/pictures/spring_retainer_series_pic.jpg

I will polish these up, they are solid brass will be a nice
contrast to springer forks once they have been chromed...

I also picked up some 70amp anderson connectors to
replace my melted connector along with a key isolator switch...
more on that installed at a later date...The second hand
Shimano Deore XT derailleur I won one eBay last weekend
arrived Friday to, i got a deadset BARGAIN on this, 60 bucks
and its veeeery hard to tells its ever been used, not a mark
on the sprockets no scratches very happy, i have ordered
a single Shimano rapid fire shifter from LBH it should be in mid
next week ::fingers crossed:: on that...

Kim

I have now ordered a Kelly Controller I really should have bought one of these in the first place and saved myself all the drama not too mention $$$...

I also went to Movement Systems today, its a shop here in Perth, i picked up another
fat boy seat for the trike along with a part from a small pocket bike i think, i have utilized the clamps to hold my barz herez the picz-->

http://members.ii.net/~aussiejester/index/pictures/Custom_crusier_17.jpg

Works a treat, holds the bars firm no movement and IMHO lookz better than the old stylin stem, no more worries about the bars being knocked out of line either :)

Back when the new speed controller has landed...

Kim

Last edited:
Kelly Controller Installed

I took a few pics when i was doing the wring of the Kelly Controller thought i best post them up...

http://members.ii.net/~aussiejester/index/pictures/kelly_controller_series_pic.jpg

You will prolly spot i decided to pop in a second switch too Methods ;-) works just like a bought one now mate spot on ;-) I will make up a nice battery box out of aluminum but for now this wooden 'cover' will suffice....

I have a lil mod to do on the springer forks tomorrow morning before it heats up (requires some cutting and welding) Then i can go for a hoon see how she goes...

Thanks again for all your help Methods your a champ mate ;-)

Kim

excellent build log :)
I will try some of your ideas myself
(I wish I had the skill/confidence to build a 'brainfork'...have had the plans for a coupla years)

excellent build log :)
I will try some of your ideas myself
(I wish I had the skill/confidence to build a 'brainfork'...have had the plans for a couple years)

Itz actually quite easy Mr Brain has done wonderful
job on the plans, i like the style better than the onez available from ChoppersUS TBH...

Update

Battery decision business aside...i finished the modz on the trikez rear end, trike is again in rolling status

http://members.ii.net/~aussiejester/index/pictures/Custom_crusier_19_120X90.JPG

The shortened axle housing has done the trick as far as chain alignment is
concerned, chain alignment from sprocket to the 1st gear on the freewheel is scwheet
the derailleur isnt needed to keep it over in first gear, im hoping now under full load
ie.quick acceleration take offs the chain will stay on and not flex the derailleur and drop it
into second gear...

Some may have spotted the lower ride hieght yet increased clearance for the sprocketz ;-)

Trike is also ~50mm shorter...this has worked out excellent one of those thingz that
happened but wasn't planned--> I can sit on the trike and easily wheel it around pushing it
like you would a wheelchair i might get a small vid of that in future ;-)
i reckon i could make a couple of kilometers on it, would take a
awhile no doubt but now an option i didnt have before if/when i break down
...OH...larger 3in tirerz look the business i thinkz ;-)Might have to follow ol' safes
lead in respect to joining a couple of rimz together and lace em up, the larger tires would
flatten out more... shall keep a keen eye on how safe goes with his attempts at this,
i think it should work very well, make for a strong rim to i guess with possibly t
he added benefit? :: shrugs :: of running two tubes in the one tire :: wink ::

LiL...Before & After

http://members.ii.net/~aussiejester/index/pictures/Custom_crusier_20a.jpg

Just the derailleur to bolt on (need to make a lil extension for the mount)
Chain on brakes hooked up..i i bought 10 extra long brake cables from
ChoppersUS so i'll never be caught without again hahaha along with these
i got another 20 foot of the braided brake tubing/housing thang ;-)

So...new ride height, increased sprocket clearance shortened wheelbase with excellent
chain alignment ... YUPz...i do believe itz has been a worthwhile 'modification' I :: wink ::
I suspect the cornering will be improved even more too.....:)

Off to continue working on terrible hang over :: sigh ::Back soonz...

Kim

Apprentice Gangsta 8)

Back