E-Trike Cruiser 1000wat 48ah

Tray Ideas/Design

Focusing on the tray, i did a rough design
in paint shop to help better show the design i have in mind, using 3mm
aluminum possibly checker plate? ....with low slanted sides
on the tray and matching height headboard.

http://members.ii.net/~aussiejester/index/pictures/Custom_crusier_21JPG.jpg

I bought a large steel Carabina off ebay few weekz ago (don't recall if i mentioned it earlier?)
anywayz, i shall weld a flat plate to the carabina and bolt it to the under side of the rear end of
the tray. This will be used as the 'tow hitch' ...the foot 'plate' of my wheelchair will be
fitted with a "---n----" <---looped shaped rope, then its a case of dropping it into the carabina
and awaaaaayz i wil go with wheelchair in tow ;-)

Kim

Apprentice Gangsta 8)

Courier was VERY late today 7-45PM he dropped off my newly won Nokia E65
mobile phone $132 what a score things in MINT condition...AND my aviation goggles
i bought to go with the spiked helmet-->

http://members.ii.net/~aussiejester/index/pictures/IMG_1938.jpg

I look like a right twit don't i hahaha love it

More soonz..

Kim

Apprentice Gangsta 8)

With those steep hills around,recuperative braking could extend your range,that is the motor is being driven and plays generator charging the battery via the controller.Most dc motors will do this and the controller is bilateral device,but your deraileur based drivetrain prob. can't handle that,you'd need a fixed chain setup I think,

With those steep hills around,recuperative braking could extend your range,that is the motor is being driven and plays generator charging the battery via the controller.Most dc motors will do this and the controller is bilateral device,but your deraileur based drivetrain prob. can't handle that,you'd need a fixed chain setup I think,

Yup alot of people use regen braking IMHO and those in the know think its an absolute waste of time for bicycles...The watts put back into the batteries via regen braking is extremely minimal... You also need a regen capable controller which mine isnt and as you pointed out the way mine is setup its not possible...

I have my trike back up and running now, it corners like its on rails, no longer throws any chains under full acceleration at take off, also the shorter wheel base that has been incremental at getting the seat over the back wheelz more has as anticipated aided in traction so we get no more wheel sppin at launch either :) Shall have a video coming in a day or two, will have one of the lads follow me with their car filming..

Kim

That is generally true, the payback is less than 50% of the available braking energy anyway,I would guess.Only if you spend the substantial part of your available energy climbing steep hills and wasting it going downhill might it be worth the trouble.I am eagerly looking forward to your new video.

Drop the '0' from your 50% and take 3 from 5 you
are closer to the mark ;-)

Went for a long steady paced ride yesterday arvo
before the temperature climbed into the 30's The trike
is awesome to ride now, no more slowing down for
corners hehee... It's Australia Day (Foundation Day)
here in OZ meaning its a public holiday so i shall have
some fellas around for a bar-b-q and BeeR, i'll attempt
to get a video ride in before everyone gets to
hammered hehee ... myself included LoL

Back Soon

Kim

Australia Day in OZ today couple mates around for the traditional Australia Day bar-b-q and beerz ...and NO we DON'T "throw shrimps" on the barby WE DO throw prawnz on the barby though along with half a side of a cow with a slab of sheep to keeps the moomoo company...but i digress...I tend to do that when i have had a few beerz

SO..we took time off from downing beer NOT Fosters...actually NO we didnt uhm...yes, uhm...we decided the sensible thing to do would be do the video BEFORE drinking ... yes yes they will buy that...:p

..I popped on my 'Gangsta Helmet and Goggles" and did a lap around the block with my mates following in the Turbo Diesel Toyota Hilux ...

YouTube Video

Apologies about the quality, all i had today was my Canon A630 in video mode...That and Renwick had to juggle the camera and a can of beer ;-| AND NO putting the beer down isn't an option! i have heard rumors people have been deported from OZ for this offense :p in the future ill have another mate up with his full blown video camera :)

The chain issue raised its ugly head again but this wasn't due to alignment issues, rather me being in a hurry for a test and not taking links out to shorten it, Due to this, when rounding a corner and giving it a fist full it throws the chain ...not a problem when going in a straight line and wont be a problem on corners oncez i remove a few links.. the chassis has been shortened some 50mm the chain is the same size as on previous config :-S My 'new' quick fire shifter is also knackered so again i am still stuck in 1st gear :-S I will be taking another run to Movement Systems and have them replace the shifter, the metal part that holds the end of the cable is snapped, was like this when i opened it, was a second hand item so no biggy, ill take a screw driver with me and open the one he gives me to replace it, they have a cane basket full of shifters in the shop LoL

ONE thing i had an issue with maybe Methods could explain...when i have been riding about and the controller gets warm, if i turnz off the switch and the power then turn it back on it wont work, i get the LED flashing, i have to do the wait till the flashing finishes then immediately flick the main isolation switch on to get it to work ONLY does this after i have ridden it and its warm. Any ideas Mr Methods my electrical guru Gangsta 8) buddy?

Hope you enjoy the vid anywayz chaps...I know i'm pleased with the handling now and the chain issue wont be an issue once i break the chain and remove a few linkz :)

More soon...

Kim

Apprentice Gangsta 8)

Back