E3 spark plugs

S

stevetroyer

I recently replaced my Bosch spark plug in the Golden Eagle 32 cc Tanaka engine with a new spark plug, an E3, that I found at Advance Auto. Here is the link to their site....http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/

The plug really made a difference in the smoothness of the engine and I also noticed a better top speed.

My bike is a Sun recumbent Speedster CX with the Tanaka engine and a fairing. My top speed was 39 MPH before the new plug and I now get 42 MPH. I also noticed that my gas mileage was slightly better. I was getting around 185 MPG and now I am getting almost 200 MPG.

I also have changed to Amsoil 2 stroke oil and I noticed more power and better speed... before the Amsoil and the new E3 plug my top speed on the flats was 36 MPH and with the Amsoil it went to 39 MPH. With the new E3 plug my top speed went from 39 MPH to 42 MPH. With both modifications, the engine really has smoothed out and seems to run cooler with more power and better mileage.

I am doing some other modifications that I hope will earn me a world speed record at Bonneville for a 32 cc motored bike. A new HP carb and some exhaust porting will hopefully get me to almost 60 MPH.

Anyone else have any experience with Amsoil and or the E3 plugs?
And has anyone put the HP carb on the Tanaka 32 cc and done porting work? I would like to get an idea of what I can expect.

Any idea which one would be best for a Dax 70cc 2 stroke?

It depends on the spark plug you now use. If it is a champion or bosch, there are cross references for those. If it is an off brand, I'm sure they have some info that you can get from them that will steer you to the right plug.

Nothing special about the E3 plug. Only advantage I see is that it will be less likely to foul. The E3 plug is very similar to plugs used in rotary engines. See the pic of rotary plugs on the attached link. http://www.mazdatrix.com/ign-2.htm

For those of you that don't know, a rotary engine is oil injected and special plugs are used to prevent fouling.

i run the e3 in all my engines, i do notice better combustion and idle witht the plug, but i bought 3 plugs for my snowmobile and fired it up, took it out on a little 5 minute cruise, in the middle of a field i fouled one, then i tried to get back on the other two cylinders and half way back the other two fouled. took the plugs out only to see a blob of ceramic and molten steel...the electrodes were completely gone. i recommend running these plugs only in small single (non-race) engines (with the exception of pocket bike engines.)

Jon

What E-3 plug

I recently replaced my Bosch spark plug in the Golden Eagle 32 cc Tanaka engine with a new spark plug, an E3, that I found at Advance Auto. Here is the link to their site....http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/

The plug really made a difference in the smoothness of the engine and I also noticed a better top speed.

My bike is a Sun recumbent Speedster CX with the Tanaka engine and a fairing. My top speed was 39 MPH before the new plug and I now get 42 MPH. I also noticed that my gas mileage was slightly better. I was getting around 185 MPG and now I am getting almost 200 MPG.

I also have changed to Amsoil 2 stroke oil and I noticed more power and better speed... before the Amsoil and the new E3 plug my top speed on the flats was 36 MPH and with the Amsoil it went to 39 MPH. With the new E3 plug my top speed went from 39 MPH to 42 MPH. With both modifications, the engine really has smoothed out and seems to run cooler with more power and better mileage.

I am doing some other modifications that I hope will earn me a world speed record at Bonneville for a 32 cc motored bike. A new HP carb and some exhaust porting will hopefully get me to almost 60 MPH.

And has anyone put the HP carb on the Tanaka 32 cc and done porting work? I would like to get an idea of what I can expect.

Do you use with a Tanaka PF3300 engine is it the ......
ECS-330, ECS-350, ECS-351 ..................................E3.12 0.030 ?????

Was thinking about trying one !!! Anybody else use these ????

I cant say anything good about

E-3 plugs. I paid $6 for one and didnt get 20 minutes of run time before it fouled.I had it in a pocket bike engine welded on to my bike.They definetlt foul. Dont always believe the package i guess.Or i just happened to get a bad new plug. I wont waste another $6 to find out though.

FB_IMG_1457195236849.jpg

Back