Early 48' Pacemaker Frame Number Questions

blackscoot10

Local time
2:59 PM
I am completing an early Loop-Frame Pacemaker project with bicycle seat-post and bolt-on engine brackets. I was told these were part of an original run of 500 that Whizzer produced (or at least sold) and which were not produced by Schwinn. My VIN # is 11927 which is far beyond a # 500. Does anyone have any info that would tell whether my bike is actually part of the first 500....or when it was actually produced?
I also understand that bikes produced in the earlier part of 1948 had an H engine on them and before the end of the year a J engine was being used. I have both but, I would like to use the H engine on this bike and save the J for a later project. Also, If this information is accurate, I would like to use an H engine with a lower serial number. That said, does anyone know what engine serial numbers fell into the various production months/years? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0232.JPG
    IMG_0232.JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0236.JPG
    IMG_0236.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 195
That's not an early 48 Pacemaker Whizzer Frame by Cleveland Welding
The early 48 frame had a gusset on the frame neck. You got a Schwinn Whizzer frame between 48 and 52

I also understand that bikes produced in the earlier part of 1948 had an H engine on them and before the end of the year a J engine was being used. I have both but, I would like to use the H engine on this bike and save the J for a later project. Also, If this information is accurate, I would like to use an H engine with a lower serial number. That said, does anyone know what engine serial numbers fell into the various production months/years? Thanks!
Show us a pic of your motor serial# Then we'll look it up

Back