Early whizzer..what year please?

D

Danny F.

Hi, I'm new here, from Belgium, Europe..I'm into vintage mopeds/bikes and H-D's, and I'm already shooting my first question..can anybody tell me more or have pictures from an early 40's (?) Whizzer powered "bicycle" that was build in Luxembourg..?
Thanks, any info will be appriciated !

Dan try looking here http://scooter.lst1090.org/index.htm .I beleave there is a picture of what you are looking for.I've seen a couple,but its been a year or so.I don't realy remember were I saw them.I know there are a couple of places on the net.That had some pictures of the Euro Whizzers.You just have to keep looking.I hope this helps Rod

I think this is what your talking about. Or they look very close to the whizzer you want.
1028_whizeuro01_1.jpg

I think this is a deluxe model,because I have seen them without the engine covers also. Rod

Thanks for the welcome, infos & links!
Retro racer, thanks for that picture but what I mean is much older...(with a girder fork)..
I'm wiser now and I even got 2 pictures from what I discribed earlier...I will post them tomorrow !

srvlives, ha, small world !

Welcome Dan,and sorry that the pic.wasn't much help.I know the model your talking about.I've seen one on a site a couple of years ago.The basic workings look almost the same.The frames,forks,and seats are realy different for the average whizzer.These models are realy rare here in the states.Makes sense considering they were easyer,and cheaper to build than Import back then. Rod

Thats It Dan.The one I saw was alittle different,but for the most part very simular.The one I saw had a single top tube,and the tank was mounted on top.Then I saw another one with a totaly different tank.It also sat on top of the double tubes,but it was a longer flater tank.Nice pictures Dan Thanks Rod

Back