Easily Removable Staton Friction Drive Build Idea

Happy New Year! I finished my project today (save final paint and a few details). Took it out for a couple of rides today.

Seems to be pretty solid. I might try adding some rubber plumbing gasket material between the frame and unit to reduce vibration a bit.
What's the purpose of the wood?

Happy New Year! I finished my project today (save final paint and a few details). Took it out for a couple of rides today.

Seems to be pretty solid. I might try adding some rubber plumbing gasket material between the frame and unit to reduce vibration a bit.
I know where abouts you are just by the pics...Just drive over those hills and you would be in my town of Alamogordo...lol.

Been looking at this thread for awhile. You OP, need a U bracket like Staton or Bikeberry sells that will attach to the single tube coming off of the seat tube. You need a U bracket that uses a U bolt instead of using the standard 3 bolt setup that attaches to 2 frame tubes.. See the U bracket in the pic? It uses a U bolt to attach to a single tube. They exist, might give these folks a call. 1.800.652.8495
Honda%20GXH50%20kit.JPG

Been looking at this thread for awhile. You OP, need a U bracket like Staton or Bikeberry sells that will attach to the single tube coming off of the seat tube. You need a U bracket that uses a U bolt instead of using the standard 3 bolt setup that attaches to 2 frame tubes.. See the U bracket in the pic? It uses a U bolt to attach to a single tube. They exist, might give these folks a call. 1.800.652.8495
Honda%20GXH50%20kit.JPG
Thanks for the tip! The current setup is working pretty well so far. It adds some extra weight lower in the frame, which makes the bike feel a bit less top heavy than I expect a leaner mounting system would. That being said, I'd probably have ordered a kit like this had I known they existed.

Hi,

I actually had a pretty good run with the setup above. Decided to buy a different bike with a better front fork, but am wondering now if it is too lightweight. I'm planning on putting some smooth tires on it.

Will this aluminum frame Trek 7000 be relatively safe for mounting a Staton friction drive motor kit with a 42 cc Zenoah? I'm about 150 pounds. I will probably use a similar mounting system, even though you all gave me a hard time. Using the supplied bracket on the seat stays just doesn't seem like a very sturdy mounting point.

bike.jpg

You could try just putting new forks on the old bike.

Back