easy mods

I always tell people the best things you can do to one of these MB's is to match the ports it costs NOTHING and will make a big difference. The next would be a billet intake, then an expansion chamber. Get the air in and out as smoothly as possible and it will feel like a different bike.

EDIT: just realized someone dug up an old post.

Bob your fenders. Only requires a hacksaw and rasp. Add a decorative cover to your air cleaner. Make it from a soda bottle and paint it any color you desire. Make fork struts for your fork. Make them from what you have laying around. If you have no front brake, add a bmx caliper brake for around $20. if you have a rear caliper brake, move it from the seat stays down to the chain stays where is is far less visible. Cheap mods are my favorite part of owning a motorized bicycle.

My favorite mod isn't a mod, Shoe-Goo.Many uses, where the pebbles eat up your frame paint, coat that area with a smear of the goo.ANY screws bolts that want to vibro loose, a little on the edge of the screw/bolt (make sure not to plug the screw hole, or round the nut) smeared to it's housing is 10 times better than locktite.The beauty is, it takes hard fast blows/vibrations and just wiggles like a shock absorber but will NOT COME LOOSE!Though when you need it off, grab an edge and SLOWLY pull and it will come away, or turn the screw and it will peel away.Mix with xylene in a glass jar and it becomes a paint-able liquid.

Another cheap mod is to add a fake oil tank. Find a tin that is shaped like a 1lbs coffee can, but a bit smaller. Mine is made from a tin that had tea bags in it. I keep a 2 oz bottle of 2 stroke oil in it in case I have to refuel at a gas station.

Back