Easy way to mount a homemade aluminum tank, Without brazing or welding

I think the key is preparation and letting if cure properly.
It's been about a week and I haven't put gas in it yet.
I guess a guy could fill the tank with acetone on the 1st time & see if it's real durable or not. It sounds good from what I've read about it.

Remember the old POR, I think they still make it? My buddy had a some poor running conditions after sealing his tank with it. His only option wasa new tank.

I guess a guy could fill the tank with acetone on the 1st time & see if it's real durable or not. It sounds good from what I've read about it.
Yeah. Acetone will break it down. I had that happen. But acetone is different than petrol...

Which is more volatile, acetone or alcohol? It would nice to do a test coating and using a little lacquer thinner to see if it gets good and set up.

Which is more volatile, acetone or alcohol? It would nice to do a test coating and using a little lacquer thinner to see if it gets good and set up.
The accidental test I did was before the stuff had time to set up a lot.
With acetone.

I heard the POR i not very good...
Yeah I've used POR 15, it's good for new tanks that has never had liquid put in b4 treating. But that stuff is like a way more expensive. That's why I may try some red-kote.

Back