Ebay: 2 Stroke MOTOR NEW ~ For Gocart , Pushbike or RC Boat rear mount. looks cool.

tskrem

Local time
12:35 PM
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
chain drive (look in the right side of the pic. behind the exhaust)
G-Superior:D

Attachments

• chain drive.jpg
    chain drive.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 296
Yeah, that part is obvious but what is not obvious is how it's driving the rear wheel.
From the pics, the chain is centered away from the wheel axis.

Last edited:
i believe it would have a sprocket on the spokes like the HT's.
do you think this would be more relaiable compared to a standard HT?
this price cheaper aswell, however you would need to buy parts like a HT throttle assembly etc.

Yes, much better pics.

It's using a CVT and then chain to a fiber gasket bolt-on type sprocket. Looks like a Mitsubishi clone 2 stroke.
It says it comes with a "hand brake type accelerator cable", so you might be covered there if it's long enough to reach the bars. You'd probably want a kill switch and wire on the handlebars, these engines usually have a switch right on the engine. The ad doesn't really show if you get the wheel sprocket. though.

Overall, it's an interesting set-up, the first of it's kind I've seen. Whether it would be more reliable than an HT, hard to say but my guess would be yes it would. These Chinese Mitsu clones are usually much better than HTs. They are very loud though. Part of the reliability question would be how the CVT holds up though lots of guys here use that type CVT with decent results. The sell for around $60US. One could also probably substitute out the rear sprocket attachment to a BMX free wheel type.

The thing that jumps out the most though is the price. If I'm reading the ad correctly, right now it can be bought for $105AUS shipped. It I could get one for $100US shipped I'd buy one as soon as I submit this reply, lol. The stainless cradle alone would cost me that to have fabbed. How could you go wrong?
Thanks for sharing and let me know if you pull the trigger.

Last edited:
there is also this type on offer, its slightly different, would need to make a rear mount for it.
i already have a HT, i wanted to get something like this for my brother or cousin.
it gets a little boring in Adelaide (Australia) with not many people to ride with lol.

there is also this type on offer, its slightly different, would need to make a rear mount for it.
i already have a HT, i wanted to get something like this for my brother or cousin.
it gets a little boring in Adelaide (Australia) with not many people to ride with lol.

Interesting, go for it then. BTW, got a link to the other set-up you mentioned?

rc motor???????????????? are you kidding me ? and rc with would be a bullet!!!!!!!!

Yeah....RC in name only. These are Mitsu clones and pretty common really, I had one a couple of years ago and it was decent for the money. Quite a few guys here have gone that way.

Back